7/14/2020

A little frog living in a well. (井底之蛙)


A little frog living in a well. (井底之蛙)

The Warring States Period in China.

The famous philosopher (Zhuang Zhou) told a story.

There is a little frog living in a small well.

One day, a big turtle passed by this well.

The frog happened to be basking in the sun by the well, and he greeted the big turtle.

The little frog chats with the big turtle. In the chat, the little frog introduces this place where he lives.

The little frog said. I live in this well and have a great time every day. I often play by the well, and when I am tired, I return to my home in the well.

I can swim in the well water and sometimes sit on the mud in the well to rest.

There are some small crabs and tadpoles living in this well.

I am like the king of this well. I feel too satisfied with my life.

The little frog then asked the big turtle. Do you want to take a look at this well I live in?

The big turtle answered yes.

But this well is too small compared to the huge body of the big turtle.

The sea turtle cannot enter at all.

The big turtle told the little frog. Thank you for your invitation. I want to go in but there is no way, so I will go back to my own home.

The big turtle then said to the little frog. You are welcome to visit me at my house next time.

The place where I live is called the sea. Its width is about several thousand kilometers. The depth is about several thousand meters.

The water of all rivers on land flows into the sea every day, but the height of the sea water will not become higher.

Even if there is a drought on land, the height of the sea water will not become lower.

You arrange another time to come to me and I will receive you well.

The little frog listened to the turtle and was speechless in surprise.

This idiom is used as a metaphor for a person who thinks that he is great, but does not know that he is very small and ignorant.


Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or ideas do you have after listening to this story?

Do we need to be wary of ourselves, do not brag about what we have, and avoid becoming a little frog?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.


                                                         
                                                             此圖片來自維基百科


                                                      此連結來自百度百科

井底之蛙 (A little frog living in a well.)

中國的戰國時代。

著名的哲學家(莊周)說過一個故事。

有一隻小青蛙住在一口小小的水井裡。

有一天,一隻大海龜經過了這一口井。

小青蛙恰巧在井邊曬太陽,他便跟這一隻大海龜打招呼。

小青蛙與大海龜便聊一下天。在聊天中,小青蛙就介紹自已生活的這個地方。

小青蛙說。我住在這口井裡面,每天都過得很快樂。我常常在井邊玩,累了就回到在井裡面的家。

我可以在井水裡面游泳,有時候還可以坐在井裡泥地上休息。

這個井裡還住有一些小螃蟹與小蝌蚪。

我就像是這口井的國王。我對我的生活感覺太滿意了。

小青蛙接著問大海龜。你想到我住的這個井裡來看看嗎。

這隻大海龜回答說好啊。

但這口井與大海龜龐大的身軀相比,實在是太小了。

大海龜完全進不去。

這隻大海龜告訴小青蛙說。謝謝你的邀請,我想進去但是沒有辦法,所以我還是回我自已的家吧。

大海龜接著對小青蛙說。下次歡迎你來我的家拜訪我。

我住的地方叫大海。它的寬度大概有好幾千公里。深度大概有好幾千公尺。

陸地上所有河流的水、每天流到海裡,但海水的高度也不會因此變高。

就算陸地上旱災,但海水的高度也不會因此變低。

你再安排一個時間來找我,我會好好接待你。

小青蛙聽了大海龜的話,驚訝的說不出話來。

這句成語被用來比喻一個人以為自已很偉大,卻不知道其實自已很渺小與無知。


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

我們是否需要警惕自已,不要誇耀自已所擁有的,避免自已成為這隻小青蛙呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...