8/13/2020

Who is handsomer, he or me? (門庭若市)

 Who is handsomer, he or me? (門庭若市)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, a minister named (Zou Ji) of the Qi Kingdom was chatting with the king.

(Zou Ji) said suddenly. I want to ask the king a question. Another minister (Gong Xu) and I, who do you think is more handsome?

After the king heard this question, he answered with a smile. I think (Xugong) is more handsome.

The king asked rhetorically. Why do you ask this question?

 

(Zou Ji) answered. I also asked my wife, family and friends about this question. But they all said that I look more handsome than (Xugong).

But if some people who have nothing to do with me answer this question, they all say (Xugong) is more handsome.

So I learned a truth from this experience.

My wife, family and friends, because they prefer me, or fear me, or want to benefit from me, they didn't tell me the truth.

The same situation has happened to you.

You are the king, so everyone wants to please you, so it is harder for you to hear the truth.

 

The king answered. You are so right.

The king immediately issued an order.

If someone can point out his mistakes, that person can be rewarded.

After this order was issued, many people came to point out the king's mistakes.

There were many people who pointed out the king's mistakes, so the entire palace was crowded like a bazaar because of too many people.

 

A few months passed because the king accepted these criticisms and humbly corrected them.

Therefore, fewer and fewer people can point out the king's mistakes.

at the same time. The Qi Kingdoms national power is getting stronger day by day.

 

This idiom is used to describe a lot of people, like a crowded crowd in a lively market.


Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Can you be like a king and have the courage to accept others pointing out your shortcomings? Can you be like (Zou Ji) and maintain a clear judgment?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                            此圖片來自百度百科

 

 

門庭若市  (Who is handsomer, he or me?)


在中國的戰國時代,齊王國一個名字叫做(鄒忌)的大臣與國王在聊天。

(鄒忌)突然說。我想問國王一個問題,我跟另一個大臣(徐公),你覺得誰長得比較帥。

國王聽了這問題後,就笑著回答,我覺得(徐公)長得比較帥。

國王反問。為何你會問這個問題呢?

 

(鄒忌)回答。這個問題我也問過我的妻子,家人和朋友。但她們都說我長得比(徐公)帥。

但若是一些跟我沒有關係的人回答這個問題的時候,他們卻都說(徐公)長得比較帥。

所以我從這經驗學習到一個道理。

我的妻子、家人與朋友、因為他們偏愛我、或是畏懼我、或是想從我身上獲得好處,所以他們沒有告訴我真話。

相同的情況也發生在您身上啊。

您是國王,所以每個人都想討好你,因此你更以難聽到真正的實話。

 

國王回答。你說得太對了。

國王便立刻頒布了一道命令。

若是有人可以指出他的錯誤,這個人便可以得到獎賞。

這條命令頒布之後,很多人便來指出國王的錯誤。

指出國王錯誤的人很多,因此整個皇宮因為人太多、就好像市集一樣的擁擠。


幾個月的時間過去了、因為國王接受這些批評,並虛心的改正。

所以可以指出國王錯誤的人也愈來愈少。

與此同時。齊王國的國力卻一天比一天更強盛。

 

這句成語被用來形容人非常多,像是一個熱鬧的市集裡面有著擁擠人群。


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你能像是國王,有勇氣接受別人指出你的缺點的嗎?你能像是(鄒忌)、保持清楚的判斷嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...