10/28/2020

What is your purpose. (南轅北轍)

 What is your purpose. (南轅北轍)


During the Warring States Period in China, the king of the Wei Kingdom was preparing to send an army to attack the Zhao Kingdom.

 

At that time there was a person named (Ji Liang) who wanted to stop this war.

When he met the king of the Wei Kingdom, he told the king a story.

 

(Ji Liang) said. I met a friend I haven't seen for a long time a few hours ago.

I asked him where he was going.

He answered me. Because the weather is too cold, I am going to the warm south.

 

I answered him. This is a good idea, but this road is to the north.

He answered me. No problem, my horse runs very fast.

I answered him. No matter how fast the horse runs, you can't get to the south. This road is wrong.

 

He answered me. Don't worry, I am carrying a lot of money.

I answered him. Although you are rich, but this road leads to the north.

 

He answered me. I have a dedicated driver who has a lot of driving experience.

I answered him. This driver's driving experience is great, but as long as you don't order him to adjust the direction, he will never be able to take you to your destination.

 

(Ji Liang) Said to the king at this time.

My king, why do you want to attack the kingdom of Zhao.

 

The real reason is because you want the kingdoms around us to respect us. I hope they can value our opinions.

 

But the method of force cannot make our kingdom truly win the respect of other kingdoms.

Dont you think this action of yours is similar to the action of my friend who wants to go to the south but keeps going north?

 

This idiom is used to describe a person whose actions cannot lead him to achieve his goals, and will even get farther and farther away.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you were (Ji Liang), how would you advise the king? If you were the king, after hearing (Ji Liang)'s advice, would you change your decision?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                                此圖片來自維基百科


南轅北轍(What is your purpose.)

中國的戰國時代,魏王國的國王,準備派出軍隊攻打趙王國。

 

當時有一個名字叫做(季梁)的人,他想阻止這場戰爭。

他與魏王國的國王見面的時候,他便跟國王說了一個故事。

 

(季梁)說。我幾小時前遇到了一個我很久不見的朋友。

我問他要到哪裡去。

他回答我。因為天氣太冷了,因此我要去溫暖的南邊。

 

我回答他。這是個好主意,但這一條路是往北邊的唷。

他回答我。沒問題,我的馬跑得很快。

我回答他。馬跑得再快你也到不了南方,這條路是錯的啊。

 

他回答我。你不用擔心,我帶著很多錢。

我回答他。你雖然很有錢,可是這一條路是通往北方的啊。

 

他回答我。我有一位專門的司機,他的駕車經驗很豐富。

我回答他。這位司機的駕車經驗很豐富是很棒的,可是只要你不命令他調整方向,他永遠無法帶你到達目的地。

 

(季梁)這時候對國王說。

我的國王啊,你為何想要攻打趙王國呢。

 

真正的原因是因為你希望我們周圍的王國都能尊敬我們。希望他們能夠重視我們的意見。

 

但是武力的方式,並沒有辦法讓我們王國真正贏得其他王國的尊敬啊,

你的這個行動跟我那一位想去南方而卻一直走向北方的朋友的行動,你不覺得很類似嗎?

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人他的行動不能帶領他達成他的目標,甚至會越離越遠。

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你若是(季梁),你會怎樣勸告國王呢?你若是國王,你聽到(季梁)的勸告,你會改變自已的決定嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...