11/28/2020

When are you going to dig this well (臨渴掘井)

 hen are you going to dig this well (臨渴掘井)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period of China, the king of the Lu Kingdom went into exile to the Qi Kingdom because of a coup.

When the king of Qi Kingdom met the king of Lu Kingdom, he asked him a question.

 

You have been the king of Lu for many years, and your power base should be very solid.

Why would the people of the Lu Kingdom expel you from your kingdom? What happened,

 

The king of Lu Kingdom replied.

When I was very young, I became a king.

 

At that time, many ministers gave me some suggestions.

Some of them gave me good opinions. I knew their suggestions were correct, but I didn't adopt their opinions.

 

I like other ministers better, and these ministers take me to eat, drink and have fun. I find it easy.

Over the years, the entire Lu Kingdom has actually accumulated a lot of problems that need to be dealt with, but I haven't solved them.

I think this is the reason why I fail so quickly.

 

The king of the Qi Kingdom discussed this case with a clever minister the next day.

The king of the Qi Kingdom made his comment.

The king of the Lu Kingdom has deeply reflected on it, and I believe that if time goes back, he will not make the same mistake again.

 

But the wise minister did not agree with him.

He said.

The king of the Lu Kingdom is very smart, but because he is very smart, it will cause the current consequences.

 

Because he always knew which way was right, but he was unwilling to do it.

 

He didn't feel regret until now that he was irretrievable, as if he was about to die of thirst and was going to dig a well. This regret was meaningless.

 

This idiom is used to remind us to grasp the time and do what we should do now.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you were the newly appointed King of Lu Kingdom, whose advice would you listen to? Is there anything you should do that you have been procrastinating?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.



                  此圖片來自維基百科


 

臨渴掘井(when are you going to dig this well)

 

中國的春秋時代,魯王國的國王因為政變,所以他流亡到齊王國。

齊王國的國王見到魯王國的國王時,問了他一個問題。

 

你當魯國的國王已經許多年,權力基礎應該已經很穩固。

為何魯王國的民眾會把你驅逐出你的王國呢。到底發生了甚麼事,

 

魯王國的國王回答。

我在很年輕的時候,我就當上了國王。

 

那時候有很多大臣給我一些建議。

其中一些給了我好的意見,我知道他們的建議是正確的,但是我卻都沒有採納他們的意見。

 

我比較喜歡另外一些大臣,這些大臣們帶著我吃喝玩樂。我覺得這樣很輕鬆。

這些年來,整個魯王國其實累積了很多問題需要處理,但我都沒有去解決。

我想這就是我會失敗得那麼快的原因吧。

 

齊王國的國王隔天與一個聰明的大臣一起討論這個案例。

齊王國的國王發表他的評論。

魯王國的國王已經深刻的反省,我相信如果時光能倒流,他不會再犯一樣的錯誤。

 

但這個聰明的大臣卻不同意他的看法。

他說。

魯王國的國王很聰明,但因為他很聰明,所以才會造成現在的後果。

 

因為他一直都知道哪一條路是正確的,只是他都不願意去做。

 

他到現在已經無法挽回的時候才覺得後悔,就好像是已經快渴死了人才要去挖一口井一樣,這後悔是沒有意義的。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們要把握時間,現在就做該做的事情。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

若你是剛就任的魯王國的國王,你會聽誰的建議呢?你有沒有什麼事情,是你應該做的,而你一直拖延的呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...