11/13/2020

I am ashamed of my ignorance(望洋興嘆)

 I am ashamed of my ignorance(望洋興嘆)

 

(Zhuang Zhou) is one of the most famous philosophers in Chinese history.

In the book he wrote, he used personification techniques to write a story.

 

Autumn is here and it usually rains this season.

This rainwater flows into small rivers all over China. These small rivers will converge into a famous big river in China.

This river is the Yellow River. The river god who is in charge of the Yellow River is called (Bo)

 

(Bo) Started from the source of the Yellow River to the sea to the east.

During this long journey, he saw that every river along the way was not as abundant as his own.

Every river along the way must rely on him to reach the estuary.

 

He felt that he was the king of all rivers in the world.

He felt that he was too great. He smiled triumphantly.

He continued eastward, then left the land and entered the ocean.

 

He suddenly discovered that the sea in front of him was so vast that he could not see the end at all.

The god in charge of the sea, whose name is (Ruo), stood in the middle of the sea and waved to him and smiled.

 

He made a strange move at this time. He turned his head and did not dare to look (Ruo)

(Ruo) feel strange, just ask him. Why don't you look at me.

(Bo) Turning his head at this time, he sighed and answered.

 

Because I feel so ashamed .

In this world, many people are proud and they look down on others.

These people feel that the knowledge of others is not as good as their own.

These people feel that the talents of others are not as good as their own.

These people feel that they are the greatest.

 

I would laugh at the ignorance of these people before.

But when I saw you today, I suddenly realized that I was like them.

This experience made me realize that while laughing at others, I also made the same mistake.

So I feel so ashamed because of my ignorance.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's insignificance when facing great things.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Before you comment on others, do you realize that you might make the same mistake? How do you remind yourself to be humble?

Hope this story can give you some new gains.

 


                                                                               此圖片來自維基百科


 

望洋興嘆 (I am ashamed of my ignorance)

莊周是中國歷史上最著名的哲學家之一。

他寫的書中,他用擬人化的技巧,撰寫了一個故事。

 

秋天到了,這個季節通常都會下雨。

這些雨水流入中國各地的小河中。這些小河又會匯流到中國的一條著名的大河流。

這條河就是黃河。掌管黃河的河神他的名字叫做(伯)

 

()從黃河的源頭開始往東邊的大海流去。

在這一趟漫長的旅途中,他看見沿途的每一條河流都比不上自已的水量充沛。

沿途的每一條河流,都必須倚靠他才能到達出海口。

 

他覺得自己就是全世界所有河流中的王者。

他覺得自已太偉大了。他得意的笑了。

他繼續向東前進,然後離開陸地進入了海洋。

 

他突然發現眼前的大海竟然如此的遼闊,他完全看不到盡頭。

掌管大海,名字叫做()的神,就站在海的中央向他招手微笑。

他這時候做了一個奇怪的舉動。他轉過頭不敢看()

 

()覺得很奇怪,就問他說。你為什麼不看著我啊。

()這個時候才轉過頭來,他嘆了一口氣然後回答。

 

因為我覺得很羞愧。

這世界上,有很多人很驕傲而且他們瞧不起別人。

這些人覺得別人的知識比不上自已。

這些人覺得別人的才能比不上自己。

這些人覺得他們自己是最偉大的。

 

我之前都會嘲笑這些人的無知狂妄。

但我今天見到你,我突然發現我竟然跟他們一樣。

這個經驗讓我體會到,我在嘲笑別人的同時,自已竟然也犯了一樣的錯誤。

所以我因為自己無知,而感到強烈的羞愧啊。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人面對偉大的事物時,感受到自已的渺小。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你在評論別人之前,會意識自己可能犯一樣的錯誤嗎?你如何提醒自已要保持謙卑呢?

希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...