11/05/2020

I want to live a simple life(安步當車)

 I want to live a simple life(安步當車)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the king of the Qi Kingdom had a conversation with a man of high morals.

This person's name is (Yan Chu).

 

The king admired (Yan Chu's) insight, so he made a request.

He hopes to hire (Yan Chu) as the national policy consultant of Qi Kingdom.

 

The king also promised that as long as (Yan Chu) agreed to accept the position. He and his family can enjoy royal treatment, eat the most delicious and high-end food every day, and will send him a most beautiful and top-grade carriage.

 

(Yan Chu) After hearing the king's promise, he smiled and said to the king.

The precious jade is hidden in the deep mountains. Humans mine it out and process it. From the standpoint of humans, this piece of jade becomes more precious, but from the standpoint of jade, it loses its original simplicity.

 

I have lived in the countryside from before to now, and I am very grateful for your kindness.

You want to hire me and give me a good salary. Most people may think this is a very honorable and glorious thing, but for me, if I accept this position, it will make me lose my current innocence.

 

So please allow me to go back to the countryside. Although there are no high-end ingredients, I have time to experience the taste of the food.

I am not in a hurry every day, I do not have a busy schedule, I can walk slowly, I don't need to own a beautiful carriage.

 

(Yan Chu) finally said to the king.

 

My life is simple, I reduce my desires, and I can feel happiness every day.

I have told you all the suggestions I wanted to give you.

I beg you again to allow me to go back to the countryside and live the life I had been living before. .

 

When the king heard (Yan Chu's) answer, he sighed and agreed to let him go back to the countryside.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who can be content and enjoy a peaceful life.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you agree with (Yan Chu's) attitude toward life? When you face desire, fame and power, what choice will you make?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.


                                                                       此圖片來自維基百科




 

安步當車(I want to live a simple life)

中國的戰國時代,齊王國的國王與一位道德崇高的人對談。

這個人的名字叫做(顏斶)

 

國王很敬佩(顏斶)的見識,他便提出一個請求。

他希望聘請(顏斶)作為齊王國的國策顧問。

 

國王並且承諾,只要(顏斶)答應接受這個職位。他與他的家人們,都可以享受皇家等級的待遇,每天可以吃最美味最高級的食物,並會送他一輛最漂亮最頂級的馬車。

 

(顏斶)聽完國王的承諾,他微笑地對國王說。

珍貴的玉石藏在深山之中,人類把它開採出來並且加工,站在人類的立場這塊玉石變得更加珍貴了,但是站在玉石的立場,它失去了自已原本純樸的樣貌。

 

我從以前到現在都生活在於農村,我很感謝你的好意。

你想要聘請我,並且給我很好的薪水。一般人可能會覺得這是很尊貴很榮耀的事情,但是對我來說,我若接受了這個職位,就會讓我失去現在的純真。

 

所以請您準許我回農村去吧,那裏雖然沒有高檔的食材,但是我有時間好好體驗食物的味道。

我每天不趕時間、我沒有繁忙的行程,我慢慢走路就可以了,我不需要擁有一台漂亮的馬車。

 

(顏斶)最後對國王說。

 

我生活簡單,我減少我的慾望,我每天都能夠感受幸福。

我想給你的建議我也都全都告訴你了。

我再次請求你,準許我回去農村,過我回歸原本就在過的生活吧。。

 

國王聽到(顏斶)的回答,嘆了一口氣,只好答應讓他回去農村。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人能夠知足,並且享受平靜的生活。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認同(顏斶)的生活態度嗎?你在面對慾望與名聲與權力的時候,你會做甚麼選擇呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...