11/14/2020

You have a dispute with me, but he gets the benefits (鷸蚌相爭 漁翁得利)

 You have a dispute with me, but he gets the benefits (鷸蚌相爭 漁翁得利)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the Kingdom of Zhao was ready to send a large army to attack the Kingdom of Yan.

 

There is a wise man whose name is (Su Dai). He wants to stop this war. He went to meet the king of the Zhao Kingdom.

When the two of them met, (Su Dai) told a story.

 

Today I took a boat across the river when I was about to reach the palace. I saw a mussel sitting on the shore basking in the sun. The mussel opened his shell and felt very leisurely.

Suddenly, a snipe flew over quickly, and he stretched out his long beak and pecked at the mussel body.

The mussel was taken aback, and in an instant, he closed his shell, and the snipe's beak was clamped.

 

They were in a stalemate for a while.

 

The snipe said to the mussel. You let me go quickly, or you will die of thirst.

The mussel laughed when he heard this, he said to the snipe. I'm not that stupid. I can't let you go. I will wait for you to starve to death before I open my mussel shell.

 

I stopped and wanted to see how it would develop in the future.

Unexpectedly, in less than five minutes, a fisherman walked over, and the fisherman saw the two of them restraining each other.

The fisherman grabbed the snipe with his left hand. Grab the mussel with his right hand. Take them both go together.

 

My king, please imagine. If today our Zhao Kingdom is the snipe, the Yan Kingdom is the mussel, who is the fisherman?

I think it might be the Kingdom of Qin.

 

My clever king, please consider again whether to start this war.

The king of the Zhao Kingdom finally decided not to send troops to attack the Yan Kingdom.

 

This idiom is used to describe a situation where the two sides are in a stalemate, and as a result, the bystanders gain benefits.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

In your life experience, has there been any analogy with this story? If you are the mussel or the snipe, facing the moment when the fisherman is about to catch you, do you still insist on not letting go?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                               此圖片來自維基百科

 

鷸蚌相爭 漁翁得利(you have a dispute with me, but he gets the benefits)

 

中國的戰國時代,趙王國準備派出大軍攻打燕國。

 

有一個聰明的人他的名字叫做(蘇代)。他想阻止這一場戰爭。他去會見了趙王國的國王。

他們兩個人碰面的時候,(蘇代)講了一個故事。

 

今天我搭船過河,要到皇宮的時候。我看見有一隻蚌坐在岸邊曬太陽,這隻蚌打開他的蚌殼,感覺很悠閒。

突然,有一隻鷸很快地飛過來,他伸出他長長的喙子就往這隻蚌的身體啄下去。

這隻蚌嚇了一大跳,一瞬間,他合起了自己的蚌殼,這隻鷸的喙子就被夾住了。

 

他們雙方僵持了一會兒。

那隻鷸就對那隻蚌說。你快點放開我,不然你會渴死。

那隻蚌聽到這句話就笑了,他對那隻鷸說。我才沒有那麼笨,我不可能放開你,我先等你餓死,我才會打開我的蚌殼。

 

我停留下腳步想看後續會如何發展。

沒想到不到五分鐘,有一個漁夫走了過來,這位漁夫看見他們兩個相互牽制的狀態。

這位漁夫就用左手抓住那隻鷸。右手抓起這隻蚌。把他們兩隻都一塊抓走了。

 

我的國王啊,請你想像一下。如果今天我們趙王國就是這隻鷸,燕王國就是那一隻蚌,誰是那一位漁夫。

我覺得可能是秦王國吧。

 

我聰明的國王啊,請你再考慮是否要發動這場戰爭吧。

趙王國的國王最後決定,不出兵攻打燕王國了。

 

這句成語被用來形容雙方僵持不下,結果讓旁觀者獲得利益的一種情況。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的人生經驗中,有發生過與這個故事類比的情況嗎?若是你是那隻蚌或是那隻鷸,面臨到漁夫已經要抓住你的時刻,你還是堅持不肯放手嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...