12/19/2020

I don't believe in my feet (鄭人買履)

 I don't believe in my feet (鄭人買履)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, a famous thinker (Han Fei), he wrote a story.

 

One person lives in Zheng Kingdom.

He is very excited because he will go to the holiday market tomorrow morning to buy a new pair of shoes.

 

He wanted to buy a pair of shoes of just the right size.

He carefully measured the size of his feet at home today. Then he made a pair of foot models.

He completed the pair of foot models. He put it on the mat. Then he went to bed in peace.

 

He went out early the next morning. He walked a long way and finally reached the holiday market.

He saw a vendor selling shoes. He also saw the pair of shoes he had dreamed of for a long time.

 

At this time, he suddenly found that he had forgotten to bring the foot model made last night.

He said to the vendor.

I forgot to bring an important thing. I'll go home to get it, you wait for me, I will come back later.

 

He hurried back home and ran back to the holiday market after he got the foot model.

But the time he returned to the holiday market was already past 12 noon.

All the vendors have left, and the market is over.

 

His friend asked him, why don’t you just try it on. If you think it’s the right size after trying it on, you can buy it directly.

He said to his friend. I believe in the foot model I made, but I don’t believe in my feet.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that we should be good at using tools, but we must note that a tool is just a tool. We should go back to the goal and look at the problems encountered now.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or ideas do you have after hearing this story.

Do you trust some data and ignore your true feelings? When you do something, do you focus on the goal or do you focus on the tools to accomplish this goal?

I hope this story will give you a little bit of gain.

 





                  此圖片來自百度百科



鄭人買履(I don't believe in my feet)

 

中國的戰國時代,著名的思想家(韓非),他寫了一個故事。

 

有一個人住在鄭王國。

他很興奮,因為他明天早上要去假日集市上買一雙新鞋子。

 

他為了買到一雙大小剛好的鞋子。

他今天在家裡先仔細地丈量雙腳的大小。然後他做了一對腳模。

他完成這對腳模。他放在蓆子上。然後他安心地去睡覺。

 

第二天清晨他便出門。他走了很遠的路終於到了假日市集。

他看到了賣鞋子的攤商。他也看到了自已夢想已久的那一雙鞋。

 

這個時候,他突然發現自己忘記帶了昨天晚上做的腳模。

他便對攤商說。

我忘記帶一件重要的東西。我回家拿,你等我,我待會就會再來。

 

他便急急忙忙地回到家,拿到腳模後就又趕快跑回假日市集。

但是他再回到假日市集的時間、已經超過中午12點。

所有的攤商都已經離開了,市集已經結束了。

 

他的朋友就問他,你為何不直接試穿看看,如果試穿後覺得大小剛好,就可以直接購買啊。

他對他的朋友說。我比較相信我做的腳模,但我不相信我的腳。

 

這個成語被用來提醒我們,我們應該善於使用工具但我們必須注意工具也只是一個工具。我們應該回到目標去看現在遇見的問題。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你是否會過於相信一些數據而忽略了你的真實感受呢?你做一件事情的時候,你關注目標還是你會關注完成這目標的工具呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...