12/06/2020

If you offend me, I will avenge it (睚眥必報)

 If you offend me, I will avenge it (睚眥必報)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the Kingdom of Qin had a famous prime minister whose name was Fan Sui.

 

He was born in the Wei Kingdom. When he was young, he was almost killed because he was misunderstood by a minister of the Wei Kingdom. Later he fled to the Kingdom of Qin.

He was able to escape to the Qin Kingdom smoothly, and his main helper was a messenger (Wang Ji) from the Qin Kingdom.

 

After he became the prime minister of the Qin Kingdom, once, he saw (Wang Ji) whom he hadn't seen for a long time.

They talked halfway through. (Wang Ji) sighed,

 

(Fan Sui) looked at him puzzled.

(Wang Ji) said. Each of our lives is so short, life is so fragile.

The king of the Qin Kingdom, you or me, we don't know who will die first.

 

If the king died tomorrow, do you think the king would think of me?

Will he feel sorry for me?

 

If you die tomorrow, would you think of me before you die,

Would you regret not doing those things for me?

 

Suppose I die tomorrow and you hear the news.

Do you feel any regrets because of my sudden death.

 

After hearing these words, Fan Sui remained silent.

 

The next day (Fan Sui) had a meeting with the king.

When the king saw his expression very heavy, the king asked him what happened.

 

He said to the king.

I am very grateful for the king's reuse, so that I can use my talents.

 

But I thought of (Wang Ji) who took me back to the Qin Kingdom at a risk before, and he was very loyal to the king.

But because he is still a messenger, I haven't thought of him for a long time, and I have forgotten how he helped me. I feel very self-blame.

 

The king heard (Fan Sui)'s words.

He said, yes, (Wang Ji) is indeed very loyal to our kingdom. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have forgotten him. I should let him take on a more important position.

 

Because of this incident, (Fan Sui) learned to remember to remind himself at all times.

As long as there is someone who has helped him, even if the favor is small, he must remember to return it.

As long as there is someone who has offended him, even if the grudge is small, he must take revenge.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's small-mindedness, and even if the offense of others is small, he must retaliate.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you think other people's favors to you are taken for granted? If (Fan Sui) treats the person who offends him more tolerantly, do you think he will live a happier life?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                    此圖片來自百度百科



睚眥必報(If you offend me, I will avenge it)

 

中國的戰國時代,秦王國有一個著名的宰相,他的名字叫做(范睢)

 

他出生在魏王國,在他年輕的時候,因為被一個魏王國的大臣誤會,差點被打死。後來他就逃亡到秦王國。

他能夠順利逃亡到秦王國,最主要的幫忙者是秦王國的一個傳令員(王稽)

 

他擔任秦王國的宰相之後,有一次,他見到很久沒見到的(王稽)

他們交談到一半。(王稽)嘆了一口氣,

 

(范睢)不解的看著他。

(王稽)說。我們每個人的生命都是如此的短暫,生命是如此的脆弱。

秦王國的國王,你或是我,我們都不知道誰會最先死。

 

假如國王明天就死了,你覺得國王會想到我嗎。

他會因為我而感到有所遺憾嗎。

 

假如你明天就死了,你死之前會想到我嗎,

你會因為沒有為我做那些事情,而感到遺憾嗎。

 

假如我明天就死了,而你聽到這個消息。

你會因為我的突然死去而感到有甚麼遺憾呢。

 

范睢聽了這些話,就默然不語。

 

隔天(范睢)跟國王開會。

國王看見他的表情很沉重,國王就問他發生了甚麼事。

 

他對國王說。

我很感謝國王的重用,讓我可以發揮我的才能。

 

但是我想到之前,冒著危險帶我回來秦王國的(王稽),他對國王非常的忠心。

但是因為他還是一個傳令官,所以我已經很久沒有想到他了,我都忘了他曾經對我的幫忙。我覺得很自責。

 

國王聽完(范睢)的話。

他說,沒有錯,(王稽)的確對我們王國很忠心,若不是你提起,我也忘了他了。我應該讓他擔任更重要的職務才對。

 

因為這一件事情,(范睢)學會記得時刻提醒自己。

只要有幫助過自己的人,就算這個恩惠很微小,他一定要記得回報。

只要有冒犯過自己的人,就算這個怨仇很微小,他一定要報仇。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的心胸狹小,別人對他的冒犯即使很小,他也要報復。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你覺得別人對你的恩惠是理所當然嗎?如果(范睢)對待那冒犯自己的人可以更寬容,你覺得他會過得更快樂嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...