12/16/2020

(Lee Yukou) (列禦寇)

 (Lee Yukou) (列禦寇)

(Lee Yukou) (450 BC-375 BC)

His last name is (Lee), his parents gave him the name (Yukou), and he was born in Henan Province, China.

 

The meaning of a row. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

To resist, to resist.

The meaning of invaders. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

 

He is an outstanding thinker. He is one of the most influential Taoist scholars in Chinese history.

 

About (Lee Yukou). There is a story about him in history books.

 

(Lee Yukou) lives in the Zheng Kingdom.

 

One day, someone said to the prime minister of Zheng Kingdom.

There is a person in our kingdom whose name is (Lee Yukou).

 

He is knowledgeable and moral, but he is very poor.

So I give you a suggestion,

You should help him. Then everyone will think that you are a prime minister who can find talent.

 

The prime minister said that this proposal is good.

He sent a messenger with many gifts to (Lee Yukou).

 

(Lee Yukou) said to this messenger.

I am very grateful to the Prime Minister for giving me so many gifts, but I think these gifts are too expensive.

Thank the Prime Minister again for me, I insist not to accept these gifts.

 

After the messenger left, (Lee Yu Kou)'s wife said angrily.

I really envy those wealthy families.

 

The prime minister of our kingdom wants to give you so many gifts, why don't you accept it.

Oh, I am so miserable. I think it is impossible for me to leave poverty in my life.

 

(Lee YuKou) smiled and said to his wife.

I will explain to you why I chose not to accept these gifts.

 

The first point is that the prime minister does not know me at all, nor do I know him. Why did he suddenly give me so many gifts today?

I guess he took this action when he heard someone say good things about me.

By the same token, if someone tells him bad things about me next time, he might find me trouble.

 

The second point is that if I accept these gifts today, if he is in danger in the future, I will be implicated by him.

I think the prime minister acted hastily without verification after hearing the advice of others.

He may be in trouble.

 

Just like his inference, after a while, the prime minister was killed for political reasons.

Because (Lie Yukou) did not accept these gifts, he was safe.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you were (Lee Yukou), what choice would you make? Can you think of the harm that might be caused when you face sudden good luck?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                           此圖片來自百度百科




列禦寇( Lee Yukou)

 

列禦寇( Lee Yukou)(西元前450年-西元前375年)

他的姓是(),他的父母給他取的名字是(禦寇),他出生地位於在中國的河南省。

 

一行的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

抵抗,抵擋的意思。

侵略者的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

 

他是一位傑出的思想家。他是中國歷史上最有影響力的道家學者之一。

關於(列禦寇)。歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

(列禦寇)居住在鄭王國。

 

有一天,有一個人對鄭王國的宰相說。

我們王國內有一個人,他的名字叫做(列禦寇)

他知識豐富而且道德高尚,但是他很貧困。

 

所以我給你一個建議,

你應該要幫助他。然後所有人就會覺得你是一個能夠發現人才的宰相。

 

宰相便說這個建議很好。

他派遣一個使者,帶著很多禮物去給(列禦寇)

 

(列禦寇)對這個使者說。

我很謝謝宰相贈送我那麼多禮物,但是我認為這些禮物太貴重了。

再次替我謝謝宰相,我堅持不收這些禮物。

 

這個使者離開後,(列禦寇)的妻子很生氣的說。

我真羨慕那些富裕的家庭啊。

我們王國的宰相要送你那麼多的禮物,為何你不接受。

哎呀,我真是悲慘啊。我想我這一輩子不可能離開貧困了。

 

(列禦寇)笑著對妻子說。

我向你說明我為何選擇不接受這些禮物。

 

第一點是宰相根本不認識我,我也不認識他,他為何今天突然送我那麼多禮物。

我猜想他是聽到有人說我的好話,他才有這個行動。

同樣的道理,假如下次有人對他說我的壞話,他就有可能找我的麻煩。

 

第二點是如果我今天接受這些禮物,若他以後發生危難的時候,我就會被他牽連。

我認為這位宰相聽到別人的建議後、沒有經過查證就草率的行動。

他可能會遭遇禍患。

 

就如同他的推論,過了不久,這個宰相因為政治上的原因被殺死。

因為(列禦寇)沒有接受這些禮物,所以他平安。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是(列禦寇),你會做出怎樣的選擇呢?你是否可以在面對突如其來的好運的時候,去想到可能因此產生的危害呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...