1/21/2021

I can't do this stunt without him(郢人運斧)

 I can't do this stunt without him(郢人運斧)

 

(Zhuang Zhou) is one of the most famous philosophers in Chinese history.

 

Once he went to a funeral, he walked into the cemetery, and he saw the grave of a good friend named (Hui Shi).

 

He told this story to a friend.

 

There is a craftsman from Chu, who is a famous local master. He is too proficient in using the axe, and this axe seems to have become part of his body.

 

He often performs a stunt with a good friend of his.

He would ask this good friend to put a little lime on the tip of his nose and stand at attention.

Then he vigorously waved the axe in his hand and slashed it towards the face of this good friend.

 

It's incredible. The lime on the tip of the nose of this good friend was chopped off by an ax.

During the whole process, this good friend was very calm and still smiling.

 

When a king heard about this, he invited him to the palace.

The king said to him, can you perform this stunt for me?

 

The craftsman replied sadly after hearing this sentence.

I do have this unique skill.

 

But my good friend has passed away a while ago. So I don't perform anymore.

I'm still as proficient in using an axe, but I can no longer find someone so brave and trusting me so much.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person with very proficient and superb skills.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Why do you think Zhuang Zhou told this story? Have you ever met a good friend who made you feel this way?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                              此連結來自維基百科




郢人運斧(I can't do this stunt without him)

 

(莊周)是中國歷史上最著名的哲學家之一。

 

有一次他去參加一個喪禮,他走進了墓園,他看到了一位名字叫做(惠施)的好朋友的墳墓。

 

他跟一個朋友說了這個故事。

 

有一個楚國人的匠人,他是當地有名的大師。他使用斧頭的技術太純熟,這把斧頭好像已經變成他身體的一部分。

 

他常常跟他一個好朋友表演一項絕技。

他會請這位好朋友在鼻尖上沾上一點石灰接著立正。

接著他大力揮動手中的斧頭,向著這位好朋友的臉部劈下去。

 

太不可思議了。這位好朋友鼻尖上的石灰竟然被斧頭劈掉了。

在整個過程中,這位好朋友非常的鎮定並且還能面帶微笑。

 

有一個國王聽到這件事情,他便邀請他到皇宮中。

國王對他說,你可以為我表演一下這個絕技嗎。

 

這位匠人聽到這句話後黯然地回答。

我的確有這項絕活。

 

但是前一陣子我這位好朋友已經過世。所以我不再演出了。

我使用斧頭還是一樣的純熟,但是我已經再也找不到那麼勇敢而且那麼信任我的人了。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人有很純熟又高超的技術。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為莊周為何會說這個故事呢?你有遇過讓你有這種感覺的好朋友嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...