1/15/2021

I can’t sleep well and eat well.(臥不安席 食不甘昧)

 I can’t sleep well and eat well.(臥不安席,食不甘昧。)

 

During the Warring States Period, China split into more than 20 kingdoms.

Among these more than 20 kingdoms, 7 kingdoms are relatively powerful.

 

Among the seven relatively powerful kingdoms, (Qin Kingdom) has the strongest military power. (The Kingdom of Chu) ranked second.

 

At that time, there was a very capable person whose name was (Su Qin).

 

He has successfully persuaded the kings of the other 5 kingdoms to form an alliance with each other to resist the powerful (Qin Kingdom).

His last stop came to the Kingdom of Chu.

 

The king of the Chu Kingdom heard the news that the other five kingdoms had formed an alliance.

The king was very excited.

 

The king said to Su Qin.

(The Kingdom of Qin) is adjacent to our kingdom, and they often attack us.

 

I also wanted to unite with other kingdoms to resist the Qin Kingdom.

But these cooperation plans all failed.

 

You may not be able to imagine. The Qin Kingdom is too threatening to us.

 

As the king of the Chu Kingdom, I can’t sleep well every day, and I can’t eat.

I can't tell my courtiers my troubles.

 

I can't change the status quo or solve the problem. So I worry every day.

Your plan is great. I am willing to join this team.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is worried, so he can't sleep or eat.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you envy those who are richer or more powerful than you? How do you deal with the worries in your life?

I hope this story will give you some new gains

 



                                                       此圖片來自百度百科



臥不安席,食不甘昧(I can’t sleep well and eat well.)

 

中國的戰國時代,中國分裂成20多個王國。

在這20多個王國'中,有7個王國比較強大。

 

在這比較強大的7個王國中,(秦王國)的軍力最為強大。(楚王國)排名第二。

 

當時有一個很有能力的人,這個人的名字叫做(蘇秦)

 

他已經成功地說服了其他5個王國的國王,彼此結盟一起抵抗強大的(秦王國)

他最後一站來到了楚王國。

 

楚王國的國王聽到另外5個王國已經結盟的訊息。

國王非常興奮。

 

國王對蘇秦說。

(秦王國)與我們的王國相鄰,他們常常對我們發動攻擊。

 

我也曾經想聯合其他的王國一起抵抗秦王國。

但這些合作方案全部都失敗。

 

你可能無法想像。秦王國對我們的威脅太大。

 

我作為楚王國的國王,但是我每天都睡不好,我吃飯也吃不下。

我沒有辦法對我的臣子們說我的煩惱。

 

我沒有辦法改變現狀也沒有辦法解決問題。所以我每天都很憂慮。

你這個計劃太棒了。我願意加入這個團隊。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人因為憂慮,所以他睡不著也吃不下。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你羨慕那些在比你富有或者是比你有權力的人嗎?你如何面對你生活中的憂慮呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


出處為戰國策-楚策1-蘇秦為趙合從說楚威王

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_4530.html


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...