1/12/2021

I stopped crying and started singing (鼓盆而歌)

 I stopped crying and started singing (鼓盆而歌)

 

(Zhuang Zhou) is one of the most famous philosophers in Chinese history.

 

His wife passed away.

A good friend came to his house to comfort him.

The name of this good friend is (Hui Shi).

 

(Hui Shi) arrived at his house and saw him beating a crock and singing happily.

(Hui Shi) scolded him very angrily.

 

You are so outrageous. You and your wife have been married for decades.

You live together and have children. She is a very good wife.

Why don't you cry. Why are you still singing.

 

(Zhuang Zhou) answered.

You misunderstood me. I was very sad when my wife just died.

But then I figured out a truth, so I am not sad anymore.

 

Before my wife was born, she did not exist.

She only started to have this body after she was born,

Now that she is dead, she just returned to the original non-existence.

 

A person's life is like the four seasons of the year.

A person will be born and die. This is a natural law, so why should I be sad.

 

She used to sleep at home every night, and now she sleeps under this land forever.

It makes no difference.

 

I think of this, so I stop crying, I am no longer sad.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's ability to maintain an open-minded attitude when facing death.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

How do you view the birth and death of a person? Can you agree with (Zhuang Zhou's) feelings?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


 

                                                    此圖片來自維基百科






鼓盆而歌(I stopped crying and started singing)

 

(莊周)是中國歷史上最著名的哲學家之一。

 

他的妻子過世了。

有一個好朋友特別到他家安慰他。

這個好朋友的名字叫做(惠施)

 

(惠施)到了他家,看到他正在敲打著一個瓦罐然後開心的唱著歌。

(惠施)非常生氣的罵他。

 

你太離譜了,你與你的妻子已經結婚好幾十年。

你們一起生活並生養小孩。她是一個非常好的妻子。

你為何不哭泣。為何你竟然還在唱歌。

 

(莊周)回答。

你誤會我了。我的妻子剛死了時候我很難過啊。

但是後來我想通了一個道理,所以我就不悲傷了。

 

我的妻子在她出生之前,她本來就不存在。

她出生之後才開始擁有這個肉體,

現在她死了,也只是回歸到原本的不存在啊。

 

一個人的一生就像是一年四季一樣。

一個人會出生也就會死亡,這是自然的規律,所以我為何要悲傷呢。

 

她以前每天晚上都睡在家裡,她現在永遠的睡在這片大地下面。

這並沒有差別啊。

 

我想到這些,所以我停止哭泣,我不再悲傷。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人在遭遇死別時,能夠保持豁達的態度。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如何看待一個人的出生與死亡呢?你是否可以認同(莊周)的感受呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。




精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...