1/17/2021

Why can't I find my sword(刻舟求劍)

 Why can't I find my sword(刻舟求劍)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the prime minister of the Qin Kingdom (Lu Buwei) edited a set of books.

There is a story in the book.

 

A man from the Kingdom of Chu crossed the river by boat.

While the ship was sailing, a sword he carried with him accidentally fell into the river.

 

At this time, he immediately borrowed a knife from his friend on the same boat.

He used this knife to engrave a mark on the ship's side.

 

He said to his friend. I will make a mark first, and then I will go into the water to retrieve my sword after I get to the shore.

 

After ten minutes, the ship reached the other shore.

He jumped into the water from where he had just marked, he wanted to retrieve his sword.

 

Do you think he can find the sword.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that when we want to solve a problem, we must consider changes in time and environment.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you think this person's behavior is ridiculous? Have you ever thought that you might fall into this trap of thinking?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                     此圖片來自維基百科






刻舟求劍(Why can't I find my sword)

 

中國的戰國時代,秦王國的宰相(呂不韋)主編了一套書。

書裡有一個故事。

 

有一個楚王國的人乘船過江。

船航行途中,他隨身帶著的一把劍,不小心掉落到江中。

 

這個時候,他馬上跟與他同船的朋友借了一把刀子。

他用這把刀子在在船舷上刻上一個記號。

 

他對他的朋友說。我先做一個記號,待會靠岸後我再下水撿回我這一把劍。

 

過了十幾分鐘,船抵達彼岸。

他從剛才自已做記號的地方跳下水,他想找回自已那一把劍。

 

你覺得他找得到那把劍嗎。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們想要解決一個問題的時候,必須考慮到時間與環境的改變。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為這個人的行為很可笑嗎?你有想過自已也有可能會掉入這個思考的陷阱呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


出處為呂氏春秋-慎大覽-察今

https://ctext.org/lv-shi-chun-qiu/cha-jin/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...