2/20/2021

A person of integrity and frankness (光明磊落)

 A person of integrity and frankness (光明磊落)

 

During the Jin Dynasty of China, there was a leader of a northern nomadic nation whose name was (Shile). He established a kingdom.

 

During a grand banquet, he asked all the ministers on the scene a question.

Do you think my ability can be compared to which king in Chinese history?

 

A minister answered.

I think your wisdom is a little bit higher than that of the founding emperor (Liu Bang) of the Han Dynasty.

 

Your bravery far exceeds that of the founding emperor (Cao Cao) of the Wei Kingdom.

Your greatness is the same as the founding kings of the three oldest dynasties in Chinese history.

 

(Shi Le) laughed when he heard this answer.

He said to the minister.

 

Your evaluation is too exaggerated, I know where I am.

 

I think that my talents and wisdom are worse than that of the founding emperor of the Han Dynasty (Liu Bang). If I lived in the same age as him, I could only be her minister. My talent should be similar to that of an important king (Liu Xiu) of the Han Dynasty.

 

I think a real man should judge himself fairly, not overly proud and arrogant. A real man should act with integrity and should not treat others in a treacherous way.

 

All the ministers praised his answer.

This idiom is used to describe a person with integrity and frankness.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

How do you evaluate yourself? Are you self-righteous because others praise you?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                      此圖片來自百度百科




光明磊落(A person of integrity and frankness)

 

中國的晉王朝時代,有一個北方的遊牧民族的首領,他的名字叫做(石勒)。他建立了一個王國。

 

在一次盛大的宴會中,他問現場的所有大臣們一個問題。

你們覺得我的能力,可以堪比哪一位中國歷史上的國王?

 

有一個大臣回答。

我認為你的智慧比漢王朝的開國皇帝(劉邦)還要高上一點點。

 

你的勇敢遠遠超過魏王國的開國皇帝(曹操)

你的偉大與中國歷史上最古老的三個朝代的開國君王相同。

 

(石勒)聽到這回答就笑了。

他對這個大臣說。

 

你的評價太過誇大,我知道我自已的位置。

 

我認為,我的才能智慧比漢王朝的開國皇帝(劉邦)還要差,若我跟他生活在同一個年代,我只能當她的大臣啊。我的才能應該跟漢王朝的一個重要的國王(劉秀)差不多。

 

我認為一個真正的男人應該公正的評斷自已,而不是過份的驕傲與自大。一個真正的男人行為應該正直,不應該用奸詐的方式對待別人。

 

所有大臣都讚美他的回答。

這句成語被用來形容一個人正直並且坦率。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如何評價自已呢?你會因為別人讚美你你就自以為是嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處圍-晉書-載記-卷五-石勒下

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...