2/14/2021

I don't want to retrieve the bow I lost(楚弓楚得)

 I don't want to retrieve the bow I lost(楚弓楚得)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the prime minister of the Qin Kingdom (Lu Buwei) edited a set of books.

There is a story in the book.

 

Several people from the Chu Kingdom went out hunting together.

After the group of them returned home, one of them suddenly discovered that his bow was missing.

 

His companion said to him. You hurry back along the road to find it. Maybe you can find it back.

He smiled and said to his companion. Thank you, I don't want to go back to find this bow.

 

The companion asked. Why don't you look for this bow.

 

He replied.

People from the Kingdom of Chu lost a bow, and then another person from the Kingdom of Chu found and picked up the bow.

I think we are all from the Kingdom of Chu, and it makes no difference who owns this bow.

 

Confucius heard about this.

He made his comment.

 

I like this person's attitude towards this matter.

But I think someone from the Chu Kingdom lost a bow, and then another person found and picked it up. I think it doesn't matter who owns this bow, no matter which kingdom this person comes from.

 

(Laozi) I heard about this.

He made his comment.

But I think someone in Chu Kingdom lost a bow, and then another person or animal found and picked up the bow. I think it makes no difference whether it is an animal or a human being who owns this bow.

 

(Lu Buwei) made his comment.

I admire Lao Tzu's realm very much, he is a person without a frame.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that we should recognize that we have no actual ownership of things.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you have a strong possessive desire for things? If you pass away tomorrow, what do you think you can really take away?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                    此圖片來自百度百科



楚弓楚得(I don't want to retrieve the bow I lost)

 

中國的戰國時代,秦王國的宰相(呂不韋)主編了一套書。

書裡有一個故事。

 

有幾個楚王國的人一起出去打獵。

他們這一群人回家之後,其中有一個人忽然發現,他的弓竟然不見了。

 

他的同伴便對他說。你趕快沿著路回去找。或許你可以找得回來。

他笑著對同伴說。謝謝你,我不想回去找這把弓。

 

同伴問。你為何不去找這把弓呢。

 

他回答。

楚王國的人遺失了一隻弓,然後另一個楚王國的人發現並拾得這隻弓。

我認為我們都是楚王國的人,誰擁有這把弓沒差別。

 

孔子聽說了這件事情。

他發表了他的評論。

 

我很喜歡這個人看待這件事的態度。

但我認為楚王國的人遺失了一隻弓,然後另一個人發現並拾得這隻弓。我認為不論這個人來自那個王國,誰擁有這把弓沒差別。

 

(老子)聽說了這件事情。

他發表了他的評論。

但我認為楚王國的人遺失了一隻弓,然後另一個人或者動物發現並拾得這隻弓。我認為不論動物或是人類,誰擁有這把弓沒差別。

 

(呂不韋)發表了他的評論。

我很敬佩老子的境界,他是一個沒有框架的人。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們,我們應該認清楚我們對事物並沒有實際的所有權。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你對事物有很強烈的佔有慾嗎?你若是明天過世,你認為有甚麼東西是你真正可以帶走的呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為呂氏春秋-孟春紀-貴弓篇

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...