2/08/2021

Look at the proud expression on your face(意氣揚揚)

 Look at the proud expression on your face(意氣揚揚)

 

(Yan Ying) was the famous prime minister of the Qi Kingdom during the Spring and Autumn Period.

 

One day, he found that the attitude of the coachman who served him had become humble.

 

He asked the coachman what had happened.

 

The coachman answered.

Because last night my wife said she would divorce me.

 

(Yan Ying) asked.

Why did your wife say to divorce you.

 

The coachman answered.

My wife told me last night.

When I went out today, I happened to see you driving a carriage, and the prime minister of our kingdom was sitting on the carriage.

 

The prime minister of our kingdom is very capable, the people in our kingdom respect him, and even the kings of the surrounding kingdoms respect him.

 

But his expression was gentle and humble.

 

When everyone on the road saw your carriage passing by, they were polite because everyone respected the prime minister on the carriage instead of respecting you as the coachman.

 

But your expression is proud and complacent.

 

I think you are a man who has no ambition and is content with the status quo, so I want to divorce you.

 

The coachman continued.

I thank my wife for letting me see my pride and complacency, so I started to change my attitude today.

 

Yan Ying said to the coachman after listening.

You have a good wife, and you are a man brave enough to face your mistakes.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's expression of pride and complacency.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Are you complacent about your current situation? If you were the coachmans wife, how would you remind your husband?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                          此圖片來自維基百科




意氣揚揚)(Look at the proud expression on your face)

 

意氣揚揚(你看看自己臉上那驕傲的表情)

 

(晏嬰)是春秋時期齊王國著名的宰相。

 

有一天,他發現為他服務的馬車夫的態度變得謙遜。

他便問馬車夫發生了什麼事。

 

馬車夫回答。

因為昨天晚上我的妻子說要跟我離婚。

 

(晏嬰)問。

你的妻子為何說要跟你離婚。

 

馬車夫回答。

我的妻子昨天晚上對我說。

我今天出門的時候碰巧看見你駕駛著馬車,我們王國的宰相坐在馬車上。

 

我們王國的宰相很能幹,我們王國中的百姓都很尊敬他,連周遭各個王國的國王也很敬重他。

 

 

但他的表情溫和謙卑。

 

路上的所有人看見你駕駛的馬車經過時,他們禮讓是因為所有人都尊敬馬車上的宰相而不是尊敬擔任馬車夫的你。

但你的表情驕傲自滿。

 

我認為你是一個沒有志氣而且安於現狀的男人,所以我要跟你離婚。

 

馬車夫接著說。

我謝謝我的妻子讓我我看見自己的驕傲與自滿,所以我今天就開始改變我的態度。

 

晏嬰聽完後對馬車夫說。

你有一個好妻子,你是一個勇敢面對你的錯誤的男人。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的表情驕傲與自滿。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否自滿於你現在的情況呢?你若是馬車夫的妻子,你會怎樣去提醒你的丈夫呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

本文出處史記-管晏列傳。

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...