2/11/2021

There is a snake in my stomach (杯弓蛇影)

 There is a snake in my stomach (杯弓蛇影)

 

The Jin Dynasty in China. There is a famous statesman. His name is (Leguang).

There is a story about him in history books.

 

One day, he heard that a good friend of his was sick.

He went to visit this friend.

 

He arrived at this friend's house. He said to this friend.

I heard that you are sick. When did you start to get sick and you felt uncomfortable in your body.

 

The good friend replied.

After drinking with you at your home a few days ago, my stomach started to feel uncomfortable.

 

The good friend continued.

You toasted to me that day, the moment I lifted my glass to drink.

I vaguely saw a small snake in the glass.

 

But by then the glass had touched my lips, I wanted to stop but I couldn't. I drank that glass of Chinese liquor.

 

I started to get sick after I got home that day.

 

(Le Guang) Back home.

He sat on the chair by the dining table.

He was confused, how could a snake fall into the glass?

 

He raised his head and suddenly saw a new bow he bought recently.

He hung the bow on the wall beside the dining table.

 

He had an inspiration.

He poured a glass of Chinese liquor, and then sat in the seat where his friend sat that day.

 

He tried several angles.

Sure enough, in one of the angles, the image of this bow was reflected on the Chinese liquor.

 

Without looking carefully, the image really looks like a little snake.

 

He invited this good friend to his home the next day.

He showed his findings to this friend.

 

The friend understood the truth, and both of them laughed.

The friend felt that his illness was cured immediately.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is affected by something that does not exist, causing anxiety and even fear.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Are you afraid of something? Are your fears real or just your imagination?

I hope this story will help you produce some new gains.

 


                                                  此圖片來自維基百科






杯弓蛇影(There is a snake in my stomach)

 

在中國的晉王朝。有一個著名的政治家。他的名字叫做(樂廣)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一天,他聽說他的一個好朋友生病了。

他就去拜訪這個朋友。

 

他到了這個朋友家。他對這個朋友說。

我聽說你生病了。你什麼時候開始生病,你感覺身體那裡不舒服。

 

這位好朋友回答。

我幾天前在你家跟你一起喝酒後,我的肚子就開始覺得不舒服。

 

這位好朋友繼續說。

那一天你向我敬酒,我舉起杯子要喝的那一瞬間。

我隱約看見玻璃杯裡面有一隻小蛇。

 

但那時候玻璃杯已經碰到我的嘴唇,我想停止但我卻無法。我把那杯中國白酒喝下去了。

 

我當天回家後我就開始生病。

 

(樂廣)回到家了。

他坐在餐桌旁邊的椅子上。

他很困惑,怎麼可能會有一隻蛇掉到玻璃杯中呢?

 

他抬起頭,忽然看見自己最近新買的一隻弓。

他把這隻弓掛在餐桌旁邊的牆上。

 

他靈光一現。

他倒了一杯中國白酒,然後坐在那天朋友坐的位子上。

 

他試了幾個角度。

果然在其中一個角度裡,這隻弓的影像反射在中國白酒的上面。

 

沒有仔細看,這影像真的像是一條小蛇。

 

他隔天邀請這位好朋友來自己家裡。

他把自已的發現展示給這位朋友看。

 

這位朋友明白了事情的真相,他們兩個人都笑了。

這位朋友立刻就覺得自已的病好了。

 

這個成語被用作形容一個被人不存在的事情所影響,導致心理產生不安甚至恐懼的情緒。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否因為什麼事情而恐懼呢?你的恐懼是真實的還是只是你的想像呢?

我期待這故事有助於你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處晉書-列傳第十三章-樂廣傳


https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_6620.html




精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...