2/23/2021

These ashes may burn again(死灰復燃)

 These ashes may burn again(死灰復燃)

 

During the Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister named (Han Anguo).

 

He was originally the ambassador of Liang Kingdom, but he was sentenced to prison for making mistakes.

When he was serving his sentence in prison, the warden's name was (Tian Jia).

 

(Tian Jia) saw him in trouble, (Tian Jia) mocked him and said to him.

You were originally an important official in the kingdom, but now you have become a criminal.

 

He said to (Tian Jia).

Don't laugh at me just because I am in trouble now. If I get out of jail and resume my official position, how will you face me then?

 

(Tian Jia) said to him.

I think you are like a pile of burned wood, you are like a pile of ashes. Your most glorious moment has passed.

 

He said to (Tian Jia).

The burned ashes still have a high temperature, if I add more wood, it will burn again.

 

(Tian Jia) said to him.

If these ashes want to burn again, I will pee to put out the flames.

 

After a month, he was proven innocent. So he resumed office.

His new official position is higher than the original position of ambassador.

 

(Tian Jia) was very scared, he dared not go to work again, he ran away.

 

(Han Anguo) said to (Tian Jia)'s family.

You must find him and call him back, if he doesn't come back within a week. Everyone in your family will go to jail.

 

A few days later, (Tian Jia) came back.

 

(Han Anguo) looked at him and then said to him.

You can now pee in front of me to show me.

 

(Tian Jia) Shaking all over.

 

At this time (Han Anguo) said with a smile.

I forgive you for being rude to me before. I don't think you are worthy of anger at all.

 

This idiom is used to describe the ashes that seem to have been extinguished and then burn again.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you meet someone who is in trouble, would you laugh at him? Do you think that revenge on others for being rude to you will make you truly happy?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                              此圖片來自維基百科


 

死灰復燃(These ashes may burn again)

 

中國的漢王朝時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(韓安國)

 

他原本擔任梁王國的大使,但因為犯了錯所以被判刑入獄。

他在監獄中服刑的時候,典獄長名字叫做(田甲)

 

(田甲)看見他落難,(田甲)就嘲諷他,對他說。

你原本是王國重要的官員,但現在成為一個罪犯。

 

他對(田甲)說。

你不要因為我現在落難就嘲笑我。如果我出獄又恢復官職,你到時候怎樣面對我。

 

(田甲)對他說。

我認為你就像是一堆被燃燒後的木頭,你就像是一堆灰燼。你最光華的時刻已經過了。

 

他對(田甲)說。

燃燒後的灰燼還是有很高的溫度,若我再添加些木材就會再次燃燒。

 

(田甲)對他說。

若是這些灰燼想再燃燒,我就撒泡尿把火焰澆熄。

 

過了一個月,他被證明是清白的。所以他恢復官職。

他的新官職高於原本大使的職位。

 

(田甲)很害怕,他不敢再去上班,他逃走了。

 

(韓安國)(田甲)的家人說。

你們必須找到他並且叫他回來,若他一個禮拜內不回來。你們全家的所有人都要坐牢。

 

幾天後,(田甲)回來了。

 

(韓安國)看著他,然後對他說。

你現在可以在我面前撒泡尿給我看。

 

(田甲)全身發抖。

 

這時候(韓安國)笑著說。

我原諒你之前對我的無禮,我認為你這種人根本不值得我生氣。

 

這句成語被用來形容看似已經熄滅的灰燼,又重新燃燒起來。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你若遇見有人落難你會嘲笑他嗎?你認為報復別人對你的無禮,會讓你真正的感到開心嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記七十列傳-韓長孺列傳

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...