2/11/2021

These things are like a gust of wind(秋風過耳)

 These things are like a gust of wind(秋風過耳)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period of China, the king of the Wu Kingdom was about to pass away.

His four sons are by his side.

 

The king said to his four sons.

After I die, I hope to let (Jiza) take over as the new king.

 

(Jiza) is the youngest of the four sons.

Although he is the youngest, his character and ability are the best of all.

 

The eldest son, the second son, and the third son all indicated that they agreed with the father's decision.

 

In contrast, (Jiza) said I disagree.

We should let the eldest son succeed the king according to etiquette. Please don't force me.

 

The king was helpless, and finally decided to let his eldest son succeed him.

The king died, and the funeral was over.

 

The eldest son said to (Jiza).

Our father is dead, and I also think you are more suitable for the king than me, so I hope you will take over as the king.

 

(Jiza) said to him.

Our kingdom is small and has no capital for division.

If I become a new king, there will be some people who support you who will be dissatisfied.

 

This will bring hidden worries to our kingdom.

So I insist on not accepting your proposal.

 

The eldest son could not persuade (Jiza), he eventually succeeded as king.

Unfortunately, after a few years (Jiza) the eldest brother also died, and his second brother succeeded the king.

After a few more years, his second brother also died, and his third brother succeeded the king.

A few years later, his third brother also died.

 

All the ministers in the kingdom hope that (Jiza) will succeed the king.

 

But (Jiza) said to these ministers.

I still don't accept this throne.

 

When my father died more than 20 years ago, I had the opportunity to succeed to the throne.

I did not accept it at that time, so I will not accept it now.

 

For me, the most important value of a person lies in whether the person can pursue progress in the moral realm and spiritual life.

 

Money and power are like a gust of wind to me.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who doesn't care about one thing at all.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you are (Jiza), will you eventually accept the throne? What is the most important value in your life?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                  此圖片來自百度百科



 

秋風過耳(These things are like a gust of wind)

 

中國的春秋時代,吳王國的國王即將過世。

他的四個兒子陪伴在他身邊。

 

國王對他的四個兒子說。

我死了之後,我希望讓(季札)接任新的國王。

 

(季札)是四個兒子中年紀最小的。

雖然他年紀最小,但是品格與能力卻是所有人中最好的。

 

大兒子、二兒子與三兒子都表示他們同意父親的決定。

 

對比的是(季札)說我不同意。

我們應該按照禮節讓大兒子繼任國王。請您不要勉強我。

 

國王很無奈,最後決定讓大兒子繼任國王。

國王死了,葬禮也結束了。

 

大兒子對(季札)說。

我們的父親已經死了,我也認為你比我更適合國王,所以我希望你接任國王。

 

(季札)對他說。

我們的王國很小,沒有分裂的本錢。

若是我做了新的國王,一定會有一些支持你的人不滿。

 

這將為我們王國帶來隱憂。

所以我堅持不接受你的提議。

 

大兒子無法說服(季札),他最終繼任為國王。

很不幸的,過了幾年(季札)的大哥也死了,他的二哥繼任國王。

又過了幾年,他的二哥也死了,他的三哥繼任國王。

又過了幾年,他的三哥也死了。

 

王國中的所有大臣全都希望(季札)繼任國王。

 

(季札)對這些大臣說。

我還是不接受這個王位了吧。

 

20多年前,我的父親死的時候,我本來就有機會可以繼任王位。

我那時候沒有接受,所以我現在也不會接受。

 

對我而言,一個人最重要的價值是在於這個人是否能夠在道德境界與精神生活上追求進步。

 

金錢與權力對我而言,就好像一陣風一樣。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人完全不在乎一件事情。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是(季札),你最終會接受王位嗎?你人生中認為最重要的價值是甚麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處吳越春秋·吳王壽夢傳

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...