3/11/2021

A precious sword(季札掛劍)

 

A precious sword(季札掛劍)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, the craftsmen of the Wu Kingdom had very good sword-making skills.

Almost the best swords of that era were made by the Wu Kingdom.

 

The king of the Wu Kingdom has four sons. The youngest name is (Jiza).

He served as the ambassador of the Kingdom of Wu, and he often visited each kingdom.

 

Once he was going to visit several kingdoms, he specially arranged for the first stop to go to Xu Kingdom.

The king of the Xu Kingdom was about the same age as him, and the two of them were good friends. They haven't seen each other for a long time

 

At the welcome dinner, the two of them chatted very happily.

Before the dinner was over, the king said to him when he saw his sword.

Can you show me the sword you carry with you.

 

(Jiza) Answer.

no problem. He handed his sword to the king.

 

After the king got the sword, he kept touching and admiring it.

When the king returned the sword to (Jiza), he said

This sword is really great.

 

The next day, (Ji Zha) left the Xu Kingdom according to the established itinerary.

After a year, (Jiza) ended all visits.

 

On the way back to the Wu Kingdom, he passed by the Xu Kingdom again.

 

But this time it was his good friend's son who received him.

It turned out that his good friend died suddenly, so his son took over his throne.

 

(Jiza) was very sentimental, he said to the new king.

May I go to your father's grave and let me remember him.

 

The new king answered.

of course can. He led (Jiza) to his father's graveyard.

 

(Jiza) stood in front of the grave for a long time, and he mourned silently.

Before he turned and left, he placed the sword he had carried with him in front of the grave.

 

The new king asked puzzledly.

Uncle, why do you want to do this.

 

(Jiza) Answer.

Your father is a good friend of mine. When he saw this sword a year ago, I could feel that he liked it very much.

 

But I had a mission at the time. I was going to visit the kings of many kingdoms.

I must bring a sword with me, because it is a necessary etiquette.

 

So when I parted with your father a year ago, I thought in my heart that when I finished this mission, I would give him this sword before returning to the Kingdom of Wu.

 

Your father didn't know that I made this promise in my heart.

Although he is dead now, I still have to keep my promise to myself.

 

Said the new king.

This sword is too precious. You should take it back.

 

(Jiza) Answer.

I think my friendship with your father far exceeds the value of this sword.

My commitment to myself far exceeds the value of this sword.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who values ​​their friendship with their friends, or this is a person who values ​​their commitment to their friends.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Have you ever thought that perhaps today your meeting with a good friend is the last time? What do you think is really valuable? ?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                            此圖片來自百度百科


季札掛劍)(A precious sword)

 

一把寶貴的劍

 

中國的春秋時代,吳王國的工匠們鑄劍技術非常高超。

那個年代最好的劍幾乎都是吳王國所鑄造。

 

吳王國的國王有四個兒子。年紀最小名字叫做(季札)

他擔任吳王國的大使,他經常出訪各一個王國。

 

有一次他要到數個王國去訪問,他特別安排第一站先到了徐王國。

徐王國的國王年紀與他年紀差不多,他們兩個人是好朋友。他們很久沒見了

 

在歡迎晚宴上,他們兩個人聊得非常開心。

晚宴即將結束前,國王看見他的劍便對他說。

可以給我看一下你隨身攜帶的那把劍嗎。

 

(季札)答。

沒問題啊。便把自己的劍遞給國王。

 

國王拿到這一把劍後,不停地撫摸並不停地讚嘆。

國王把劍還給(季札)時他說

這一把劍真是好棒啊。

 

隔天,(季札)按照既定的行程離開徐王國。

過了一年,(季札)結束所有的訪問。

 

他在回吳王國的路上,又再次經過徐王國。

 

但這一次接待他的是他好朋友的兒子。

原來他的好朋友驟逝,所以他的兒子接替他的王位。

 

(季札)很感傷,他對新國王說。

我可以到你父親的墳墓前讓我緬懷他嗎。

 

新國王回答。

當然可以。他就帶領(季札)到自己父親的墳園。

 

(季札)在墳墓前站立許久,他默默的哀悼。

他轉身離開前,他把自已隨身攜帶的那把劍放置在墳墓前。

 

新國王很不解地問。

叔叔,為何你要這樣做。

 

(季札)答。

你爸爸是我的好朋友,一年前他看見這一把劍的時候,我可以感覺到他很喜歡這一把劍。

 

但是我當時身上有任務,我要去拜訪許多王國的國王。

我必須隨身帶一把劍,因為這是必要的禮儀。

 

所以一年前我跟你父親離別的時候,我當時心裡就想,等我結束這次的任務,在回吳王國之前,我要把這把劍送給他。

 

你爸爸並不知道我當時心裡許下了這個承諾。

雖然他現在已經死了,但是我還是要遵守我對自已的承諾。

 

新國王說。

這一把劍太寶貴了。你還是拿回去吧。

 

(季札)答。

我認為,我跟你父親的友情遠遠超過這一把劍的價值。

我對自已的承諾遠遠超過這一把劍的價值。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人很重視自已與朋友的友誼、或這是這個人很重視自已對朋友的承諾。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否想過,或許今天你與好朋友的見面就是最後一次呢?你認為真正有價值的東西是什麼呢。?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢-劉向-新序-節士第七

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...