3/03/2021

I face reality and accept it(墮甑不顧)

 I face reality and accept it(墮甑不顧)

 

During the Eastern Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister whose name was (Guo Linzong).

 

One day, when he was walking on the road, he saw a young man walking towards him, the young man carrying a pottery on his back.

 

Suddenly, the young man tripped and the pottery he was carrying fell to the ground.

The pottery shattered immediately.

 

The young man got up from the ground, he patted the dust on his clothes, and he continued to walk forward.

When this young man walked by (Guo Linzong), (Guo Linzong) took the initiative to talk with him.

 

(Guo Linzong) said.

Hello, my name is (Guo Linzong), what is your name?

 

The young man answered.

Hello, my name is (Meng Shuda).

 

(Guo Linzong) said.

I would like to ask you a question.

I saw you fall down a few minutes ago.

The pottery you were carrying fell to the ground and shattered.

 

Why can't I see your regret in your face, why don't you look back at the broken pottery.

 

(Meng Shuda) answered with a smile.

 

The pottery was broken.

No matter how regretful I am, it is impossible to restore it to its original state.

Instead of taking the time to blame myself, I should hurry up and buy a new one.

 

(Guo Tai) thinks this young man is really special.

He later helped him to study, and this young man became a very good friend of him.

 

This idiom is used to remind us not to waste time regretting what has become a fact

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Have you had a similar experience? Is there an invisible earthen jar in your heart that makes you unable to let go?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 





                                                                    此圖片來自維基百科

 


 

墮甑不顧(I face reality and accept it)

 

中國的東漢時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(郭林宗)

 

有一天,他走在路上的時候,看見迎面走來一個年輕人,這個年輕人揹著一個瓦器。

 

突然,這個年輕人絆倒了,他背著的那個瓦器也掉到地上。

這個瓦器立刻就碎裂了。

 

這個年輕人從地上爬起來,他拍拍衣服上的灰塵,他繼續向前走。

在這個年輕人走過(郭林宗)身邊的時候,(郭林宗)主動與他攀談。

 

(郭林宗)說。

您好,我的名字是(郭林宗),請問您叫甚麼名字。

 

這個年輕人回答。

您好,我的名字是(孟叔達)

 

(郭林宗)說。

我想請問你一個問題。

我幾分鐘前看見你跌倒了。

你背著的瓦器掉到地上碎裂了。

 

為何我在你的臉上看不到你的悔恨,為何你不回頭看那個已破掉的瓦器。

 

(孟叔達)笑著回答。

 

瓦器已經碎裂了。

我再悔恨也不可能讓它恢復原樣。

我與其花時間自責,我不如趕緊去買一個新的。

 

(郭泰)覺得這個年輕人真的很特別。

他後來就幫助他求學,這個年輕人也成為他很要好的一個朋友。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們,我們不要浪費時間去悔恨已經成為事實的事情

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有過類似的經驗嗎?你的心裡有沒有無形的瓦罐讓你沒有辦法釋懷呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-卷六十八-郭符許列傳

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...