3/12/2021

I feel calm(東門之達)

 

I feel calm(東門之達)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the Kingdom of Qin had a famous prime minister whose name was Fan Sui.

The king is talking with him.

 

Said the king.

A while ago, you lost a large piece of land. You must be sad.

 

(Fan Sui) answered. If not yet, you want

I did lose a piece of land, but I am not sad.

 

Said the king.

Why are you not sad.

 

(Fan Sui) told a story.

There is a person in Liang Kingdom, his name is Dongmen Wu.

He has an only child.

He loves his child very much.

 

Unfortunately, his child died unexpectedly.

He was from the death of his son to the end of his son's funeral. His emotions are very calm.

 

His butler said to him.

Master. You must be very sad, don't suppress your emotions.

 

He replied.

I did not suppress my emotions. I did not feel sad.

 

Said the his butler.

This is impossible.

 

He replied.

When I didn't have a son, I had a great time.

 

Now my son is dead.

I'm like when I didn't have a son before, I returned to my original condition.

 

Why should I be sad.

 

(Fan Sui) Said to the king.

My feeling is the same as (Dongmen Wu).

 

This idiom is specifically used to describe a person who is very open-minded and not overly sad after he loses a loved one.


Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Have you attended the funeral of your loved one? If not, how do you think you will face the death of your loved one?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                               此連結來自百度百科


東門之達(I feel calm)

 

在中國的戰國時代,秦王國有一個著名的宰相,他的名字叫做(范睢)

國王正在與他對談。

 

國王說。

前一陣子,你失去了一大塊土地。你一定很難過吧。

 

(范睢)回答。如果還沒有,你想

我的確失去了一塊土地,但我不難過。

 

國王說。

你為何不難過呢。

 

(范睢)說了一個故事。

梁王國有一個人,他的名字是東門吳。

他有一個獨生子。

他很愛自己的這個孩子。

 

但是很不幸的,他的孩子發生意外死了。

他從兒子死亡到他兒子葬禮結束的整段過程中。他的情緒都很平靜。

 

他的管家對他說。

主人啊。你一定很悲傷,你不要壓抑自己的情緒啊。

 

他回答。

我並沒有壓抑自已的情緒。我沒有感覺到悲傷。

 

管家說。

這不可能。

 

他回答。

我以前沒有兒子的時候,我過得很開心。

 

現在我的兒子死了。

我就像以前沒有兒子時候,我恢復成原來的狀況。

 

我為何要傷悲呢。

 

(范睢)對國王說。

我的感受與(東門吳)相同啊。

 

這一句成語被專門用來形容一個人他失去親人之後,他很豁達,不過分悲傷。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有參加過親人的葬禮嗎?如果還沒有,你想你會如何面對親人的死亡呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


出處為戰國策-秦策三-應侯失韓之汝南

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...