3/17/2021

These fish are really unlucky(殃及池魚)

These fish are really unlucky(殃及池魚)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, the prime minister of the Qin Kingdom (Lu Buwei) edited a set of books.

There is a story in the book.

 

The Song Kingdom has an important official. His name is (Huantui).

 

He committed a crime and fled to another kingdom.

Later he was caught and sent back to Song Kingdom to stand trial.

 

During the trial, the king said to him.

 

I know you have a special piece of jewelr, it is a perfect and big pearl.

If you give this pearl to me, maybe I will reduce your punishment.

 

(Huantui) Said to the king.

 

Okay, I trust you. Before I left the Song Kingdom, I threw this pearl into the pond next to my house.

 

When the king heard this information, he sent many soldiers and spent a long time and energy to drain all the water in the pond.

 

As a result, the king did not find the pearl, but all the fish in the pond died.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who has not made a mistake but has suffered disaster.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you think all disasters have causes? How would you adjust your mentality to face some unexpected disasters in your life?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 

 


                                                        此圖片來自維基百科


殃及池魚(These fish are really unlucky)

 

中國的戰國時代,秦王國的宰相(呂不韋)主編了一套書。

書裡有一個故事。

 

宋王國有一個重要的官員。他的名字叫做(桓魋)

 

他犯了罪所以逃亡到了別的王國。

後來他被抓到,送回了宋王國要接受審判。

 

在審判的時候,國王對他說。

 

我知道你有一個特別的珠寶,那是一顆完美且大的珍珠。

你把這顆珍珠交給我,或許我就會減低你的刑罰。

 

(桓魋)對國王說。

 

好的,我相信你。我在離開宋王國之前,我把這顆珍珠丟到我家旁邊的池塘中了。

 

國王聽到這資訊,便派遣許多的士兵,花費了很長的時間與精神,把這個池塘的水全部抽乾。

 

結果國王沒有找到這顆珍珠,但所有池塘中的魚都此全部死光了。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人沒有犯錯卻遭遇災禍。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為所有的災禍都有原因嗎?你會怎樣調整自已的心態去面對生活中些意外的災禍呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為呂氏春秋-開春論-審為

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...