3/29/2021

You are like that wooden doll.(木梗之患)

 

You are like that wooden doll.(木梗之患)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, there was a nobleman in the Qi Kingdom whose name was (Tian Wen).

He has made many friends, so he has a nickname, (Meng Changjun).

 

The king of the Qin Kingdom wants to hire him as the prime minister of the Qin Kingdom.

 

He was tempted, and he was ready to accept the position.

Many friends advised him not to accept this position.

 

On this day, a good friend of his came to him, and his name was (Su Qin).

He said to (Su Qin).

 

I know why you came to me. Many people have already advised me not to go to the Kingdom of Qin.

But I have made up my mind.

 

Then he smiled and said.

Unless you can find a ghost to advise me, otherwise I will not change my decision.

 

Su Qin answered.

I did encounter a very strange thing, and I want to share it with you.

 

(Tian Wen) answered curiously.

Please say.

 

(Su Qin) answered.

 

On my way here, I passed a river.

I saw a clay doll and a wooden doll standing by the river.

The two dolls are chatting.

 

Said the wooden doll.

Although both of us are dolls, I am better than you.

You made it with clay from the river.

In summer, if there is a big flood, you will be destroyed.

But I will be fine.

 

The clay doll replied.

You are right, if there is a flood, I will be destroyed.

But I will just return to the original state, I am still the clay by the river.

 

Your raw material is wood cut from trees by the river.

In summer, if there is a big flood, you will be washed away without knowing where to go.

And I can predict that you will never be able to return to the side of this river, to your hometown again.

 

(Su Qin)paused and continued.

The king of the Qin Kingdom is a powerful man, he is like an unpredictable flood.

 

(Tian Wen) fell silent after hearing this story.

He later cancelled his decision to go to the Kingdom of Qin.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who had an accident when he was out and died in a foreign land.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

When you see the benefits of something, do you think of the dangers hidden behind the benefits? If you were Tian Wen, would you go to the Kingdom of Qin?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                此圖片來自百度百科

 

木梗之患(You are like that wooden doll.)

 

中國的戰國時代,齊王國有一個貴族,他的名字是(田文)

他結交了很多的朋友,因此他有一個外號,(孟嘗君)

 

秦王國的國王想要聘請他擔任秦王國的宰相。

 

他動心了,他準備接受這個職位。

有很多朋友勸他不要接受這個職位。

 

這一天,他的一個好朋友來找他,這個好朋友的名字是(蘇秦)

他對(蘇秦)說。

 

我知道你為何來找我,有非常多的人都已經勸告我不要去秦王國了。

但是我已經下定決心。

 

然後他微笑著說。

除非你可以找到一個鬼怪來勸告我,不然我是不會改變我的決定的。

 

蘇秦回答。

我的確遇見一件很奇怪的事,我想跟你分享這件事。

 

(田文)充滿好奇心的回答。

請說。

 

(蘇秦)回答。

 

我到這裡的路上,經過了一條河。

我看見河邊站立著一個泥土玩偶和一個木雕玩偶。

這兩個玩偶正在聊天。

 

木雕玩偶說。

我們兩個雖然都是玩偶,但我比你好。

你是用河邊的黏土捏製。

到了夏天,若是發生大洪水,你就會毀壞了。

但我不會有事。

 

泥土玩偶回答。

你說的對,若有洪水我就會毀壞。

但我只是會回到原來的狀態,我仍然是河邊的黏土。

 

你的原料是河邊的樹木砍下來的木頭。

到了夏天,若是發生大洪水,你就會被不知道沖到哪裡去。

而且我可以預測,你永遠無法再回到這條河的旁邊,再回到你的故鄉阿。

 

蘇秦停頓了一下,繼續說。

秦王國的國王是一個強勢的人,他就像是難以預料的洪水一樣啊。

 

(田文)聽完這個故事後沉默了。

後來他取消了去秦王國的決定。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人外出的時候發生了意外,結果死在異鄉。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你看見一件事情的好處的時候,會想到好處背後隱藏的危險嗎?你如果是田文,你會不會去秦王國呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為戰國策-齊策三-孟嘗君將入秦

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_4482.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...