3/15/2021

You are not my son anymore(不義之財)

 

You are not my son anymore(不義之財)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, there was a prime minister in the Qi Kingdom, and his name was (Tian Jizi).

 

One day he took 100 gold coins to his mother.

He said to his mother.

The money is for you, and you can spend it as you like.

 

Said his mother.

Wow. Thank you, this is a lot of money.

However, as far as I know, the money exceeds your three-year salary. Why do you suddenly have so much money?

 

He was silent.

 

His mother asked.

Who gave you the money?

 

He answered with his head down.

I promised to do my friend a favor, so he gave me the money.

 

His mother's expression became serious. Said his mother.

What do you want to help your friend, he gave you so much money. I guess this is a bribe to you, right?

 

He dared not look at his mother, he nodded.

 

Said his mother.

 

You are the prime minister of our kingdom, and the king gives you a high salary.

The king hopes that you can fully assist him in governing our kingdom.

But you accept bribes.

 

I taught you when you were young,

You must be an honest person.

You must not be cunning and hypocritical.

You cannot do unjust things.

You cannot take money that does not belong to you.

 

I don't want this money.

You are no longer my son.

You leave my home now.

 

He was driven out of the house by his mother.

He was ashamed.

So he went to the king's office.

 

He said to the king.

I must confess to you that I made a mistake.

I accepted a bribe. I am willing to accept the punishment that I deserve.

 

The king was puzzled and asked him what happened.

He told the king what his mother had said to him.

 

The king said to him after hearing these words.

 

You have a great mother, and you are great too. You will correct your mistakes immediately after you know that you have made mistakes, and you will face your mistakes bravely.

 

I decided to forgive you, but I expect you to remember this lesson.

 

This idiom is used to describe a piece of money from an improper source.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you were this mother, would you accept the money? If you were (Tian Jizi), would you bravely admit your mistakes and accept the punishment you deserve?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                      此圖片來自百度百科




 


不義之財(You are not my son anymore)

 

中國的戰國時代,齊王國有一任宰相,他的名字叫做(田稷子)

 

有一天他拿了100個金幣給自己的母親。

他對母親說。

這些錢給你,你可以任意花用。

 

他的母親說。

哇。謝謝你,這真是一大筆錢呢。

但是,據我所知,這些錢超過你三年的薪水,你為何突然有那麼多錢呢。

 

他沉默不語。

 

他的母親問。

這些錢到底是誰給你的。

 

他頭低低著回答。

我答應幫朋友一個忙,所以他給我這些錢。

 

他母親表情變得嚴肅。他的母親說。

你要幫朋友甚麼忙,他給了你那麼多錢。我猜想這是賄絡你的錢對吧。

 

他不敢看他的母親,他點點頭。

 

他的母親說。

 

你是我們王國的宰相,國王給你很高的薪水。

國王希望你能夠全力的協助他治理好我們王國。

但你竟然接受賄絡。

 

你小的時候我就教導你,

你要做一個誠實的人。

你不可以狡詐虛偽。

你不可以做不正義的事情。

你不可以拿不屬於你的錢財。

 

我不要這些錢。

你不再是我的兒子了。

你現在就離開我的家。

 

他被他母親趕出家門後。

他很慚愧。

所以他到了國王的辦公室。

 

他對國王說。

我必須跟你坦白,我犯了錯。

我收受了賄絡。我願意接受應該有的懲罰。

 

國王很納悶,問他發生了甚麼事。

他向國王說了自己母親對他說的話。

 

國王聽完這些話後就對他說。

 

你有一個很棒的母親,你也很棒,你知道自己犯錯之後你就立刻改正,你勇敢地面對自己所犯的錯誤。

 

我決定原諒你,但我期待你能記取這次的教訓。

 

這句成語被用來形容一筆來源不正當的錢財。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是這個母親,你會接受這些錢嗎?你如果是(田稷子),你會勇敢承認自已的錯誤並且接受應該有的懲罰嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢-劉向-列女傳 齊田稷母傳


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...