4/24/2021

I can understand it clearly by just a glance (一目瞭然)

 

I can understand it clearly by just a glance (一目瞭然)

 

During the Southern Song Dynasty in China. There is a famous scholar whose name is Zhu Xi.

 

Once, his students took a national examination.

The student went back to school.

 

He asked the student.

What is the topic of the exam this time?

 

The student answered.

The topic of this examination is for us to comment on a famous thinker (Wang Tong) from the Sui Dynasty.

 

he asks.

How do you comment on him.

 

The student answered.

I criticized him from a negative perspective.

 

He said with a smile.

Most people really think of him this way.

But I think he also has a good side. We should comment on him more objectively.

 

Another student asked him.

What do you think his advantages are?

 

He replied.

I think his great ambition is a good advantage.

But he only wants to reach the goal quickly and is not willing to accumulate abilities slowly, which is his shortcoming.

 

The student asked again.

How did you come to this conclusion.

 

He replied.

Most people just understand it one-sidedly and then comment on it. So they will not be able to see the whole picture.

 

I have read all of his works, and I observe him from a bird's-eye view. So I knew it at a glance.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person knowing a thing or a person at a glance

 

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you have a habit of commenting on others? Do you ignore a person's strengths because of his shortcomings?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                 此圖片來自維基百科



 

(一目瞭然)I can understand it clearly by just a glance

 

在中國的南宋王朝時代。有一個著名的學者,他的名字叫做朱熹。

 

有一次,他的學生參加一場國家考試。

這個學生回到了學校。

 

他問這個學生。

這一次的考試的申論題是什麼呢。

 

學生回答。

這次考試的申論題,是要我們評論隋王朝的一個著名思想家(王通)

 

他問。

那你如何評論他。

 

學生回答。

我是用負面的角度去批評他。

 

他笑著說。

大部分人的確都是這樣評價他。

但我認為,他也有好的一面呢。我們應該更客觀的評論他。

 

另一個學生就問他。

請問你認為他的優點是什麼。

 

他回答。

我認為他的志向遠大是很好的優點。

但是他只想快速達成目標而不願意慢慢的累積能力,這是他的缺點。

 

這個學生又問。

你是如何得到這個結論呢。

 

他回答。

大多數人只是片面的去理解然後就加以評論。所以他們會看不清楚全貌。

 

我看過他的所有著作,我用俯視的視角去觀察他。所以我一目了然。

 

這句成語被用來形容用一個人對一件事情或一個人一目了然

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有評論他人的習慣嗎?你會因為一個人的缺點而忽略的他的優點嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為朱子語錄卷一三七-戰國漢唐諸子

 

https://ctext.org/zhuzi-yulei/137/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...