4/17/2021

I have a high position but I am financially struggling(有名無實)

 

I have a high position but I am financially struggling(有名無實)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period of China, two ministers of the Jin Kingdom were talking.

The names of the two of them are (Han Xuanzi) and (Shu Xiang).

 

(Shu Xiang) said.

The king issued a new personnel order. Congratulations, your position is elevated.

 

(Han Xuanzi) answered.

My promotion is indeed a good thing, but I am not happy.

 

(Shu Xiang) asked.

Why are you unhappy?

 

(Han Xuanzi) answered.

My position is getting higher and higher, but I still have financial constraints.

My position is very high but I have very little money.

I envy the other ministers, each of them is so rich, they often have fun. They have a great time every day.

 

(Shu Xiang) said.

In addition to congratulating you on your promotion, I also want to congratulate you on your current poverty.

 

(Han Xuanzi) answered in confusion.

Why do you want to congratulate me on my current poverty? This is not something to be happy about.

 

(Shu Xiang) said.

In our kingdom, there used to be a very famous minister (Luan Wuzi). When he was young, he was just like you in financial constraints.

 

But he keeps actively studying, he is kind and polite to people, and he is very focused on his work.

He did his job very well, and he won the respect of everyone.

His entire family also enjoys a very high honor in our kingdom because of him.

 

But it is a pity that his son does not learn from him.

His son has a poor work attitude and is very extravagant.

So his family has declined in recent years.

 

In our kingdom, there used to be a very famous minister (Kai Zhaozi) whose family wealth was almost as much as that of the royal family, and many of their family members served as important officials in the kingdom.

 

They are very extravagant, they hold banquets every day, and their work attitude is very lax.

So their family has declined in recent years.

 

So I congratulate you on your current poverty.

A person should be worried because of his own bad morals, and should not be worried because of insufficient wealth.

 

(Han Xuanzi) answered.

Thank you for your reminder, you are too right.

Not only do I have to remember your words, but I also want to use them to educate my children.

 

I thank you very much.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who has a great reputation, but he actually has very few resources.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you worry about your own financial situation? Do you think money and character are more important to a person?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 

 



                                                         此圖片來自維基百科


有名無實(I have a high position but I am financially struggling)

 

中國的春秋時代,晉王國的有兩個大臣正在交談。

他們兩個人的名字是(韓宣子)(叔向)

 

(叔向)說。

國王發布新的人事命令,恭喜你,你的職位高昇。

 

(韓宣子)回答。

我的昇職的確是一件好事,但我不高興。

 

(叔向)問。

你為何不高興呢。

 

(韓宣子)回答。

我的職位愈來愈高,但我還是經濟拮据。

我的職位很高但我的錢很少。

我好羨慕其他的大臣,他們每個人都好有錢,他們常常玩樂。他們每天都過得很開心。

 

(叔向)說。

那我除了恭喜你昇職,我還要恭喜你擁有現在的貧困。

 

(韓宣子)很困惑地回答。

你為何要恭喜我現在的貧困,這並不值得高興。

 

(叔向)說。

我們王國中,以前有一個很著名大臣(欒武子),他年輕的時候跟你一樣都是經濟拮据。

 

但是他保持積極的學習,他對人和善有禮貌,他非常專注於自已的工作上。

他把自己的工作做得非常的好,他贏得了所有人的尊敬。

他的整個家族也因為他的緣故,在我們王國之中,享有極高的榮譽。

 

但是很可惜的是,他的兒子不向他學習。

他的兒子工作態度很差並且很奢侈。

所以他的家族這幾年來已經衰微。

 

我們王國中,以前有一個很著名大臣(郤昭子),他們的家族財富是快要跟王室一樣多,他們的家族成員有許多位擔任王國中的重要官員。

 

他們非常奢侈,他們每天舉辦宴會,他們的工作態度很散漫。

所以他們的家族這幾年來也已經衰微。

 

所以我恭喜你擁有現在的貧困。

一個人因該為自已的道德品行不好而憂愁,不應該為了財產不足而煩惱。

 

(韓宣子)回答。

謝謝你的提醒,你說得太對了。

你的這些話不只我自已要記得,我還要把這些話用來教育我的孩子。

 

我非常的感謝你。

 

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的名氣很大,但是實際上擁有的資源卻很少。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會因為自已的經濟情況不好而煩惱嗎?你認為金錢與品格那一個對一個人更重要呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為國語-晉語八

 

https://ctext.org/guo-yu/jin-yu-ba/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...