5/14/2021

If I can choose, I hope to die on the battlefield.(馬革裹屍)

 If I can choose, I hope to die on the battlefield.(馬革裹屍)

 

During the Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous general whose name was (Ma Yuan).

 

He has been fighting abroad all year round to defend the country's security.

When he was 55 years old, he had just returned to the capital after a battle in the south of the Han Dynasty.

 

Many of his good friends came to visit him.

Among them is a friend whose name is (Meng Ji).

 

Meng Ji said.

After these three years of arduous warfare, you should be very tired.

I heard that the king greatly rewarded you, you must feel very honored.

 

He says.

You are the smartest among all my friends.

I thought you knew me better than everyone else.

 

I hope you can tell me something that works for me, something that motivates me.

To be honest, I think the king has rewarded me too much. Some people worked harder than me in this battle, but they received less rewards than me. So I am ashamed.

 

Meng Ji said.

I'm so stupid, I don't know what to say.

 

He says.

In the north of the Han Dynasty, some people are now invading us.

I am thinking about how to persuade the king to let me assist in this battle.

 

Meng Ji said.

Are you sure, you are 55 years old and you should stay in the capital.

Why do you still want to participate in this battle?

 

He says.

I am a soldier, and my responsibility is to defend my kingdom so that all people can lead a stable life.

 

It is my responsibility.

I thought that if I were to choose how I died, I would choose to die on the battlefield. I didn't want to die at home, and then surrounded by my family and died peacefully.

 

Meng Ji sighed and said.

You are a real warrior.

 

The meaning of this idiom refers specifically to a warrior who died heroically on the battlefield.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you were (Ma Yuan)'s wife, how would you think of your husband? If you were (Ma Yuan)'s child, how would you evaluate your own father?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.



                                                           此圖片來自百度百科




 

中國的漢王朝時代,有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

 

他常年在外征戰,保衛國家的安全。

55歲那一年,他剛結束一場位於漢王朝的南方的戰役回到首都。

 

他的許多好朋友們都來探訪他。

其中有一個朋友的名字叫做(孟冀)

 

孟冀說。

你經過這三年的艱苦戰爭,你應該很疲累吧。

我聽說國王大大的獎賞你,你一定感到很光榮。

 

他說。

你是我所有朋友中,我覺得最聰明的。

我原本以為你比其他人都了解我。

 

我希望你跟我說一些對我有用的話,一些激勵我的話。

說實在的,我認為國王給我的賞賜太多了。有一些人在這場戰役中比我更辛勞,但他們得到的賞賜比我還少。所以我很慚愧。

 

孟冀說。

我太愚笨了,我不知道該說些什麼。

 

他說。

漢王朝的北方,現在正有一些人正在侵擾我們。

我正在思考要如何去說服國王讓我去協助這場戰役。

 

孟冀說。

你確定嗎,你已經55歲了,你應該留在首都。

你為何還想去參加這場戰役呢。

 

他說。

我是一個軍人,我的責任就是保衛我的王國,讓所有的人民都能夠過著安定的生活。

 

這是我的責任。

我想過,如果要讓我選擇我如何死去的話,我會選擇死在戰場上,我不想死在家裡,然後周圍圍繞著我的家人安寧的死去。

 

孟冀嘆了一口氣說。

你是一個真正的戰士啊。

 

這句成語的意思是專指一個在戰場上英勇犧牲的勇士。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是(馬援)的妻子,你會怎樣看待自己的丈夫呢?你如果是(馬源)的孩子,你會怎樣評價自已的父親呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-26-馬援傳

 

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...