5/10/2021

I'll show it to you when I finish this work.(良工不示人以朴)

 

I'll show it to you when I finish this work.(良工不示人以朴)

 

During the Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous general whose name was (Ma Yuan).

When he was twelve years old, his father passed away.

 

He had three older brothers, all of whom were outstanding, and they were all well-known county magistrates at the time.

After their father passed away, his eldest brother took on the responsibility of taking care of him.

 

His elder brother's name is (Ma Kuang).

(Ma Kuang) treats him well and cares about him.

(Ma Kuang) hired a good teacher to teach him to study.

 

One day he said to (Ma Kuang).

I am very grateful to you for inviting a good teacher to guide me in my study.

But I must tell you that I don't like to sit in a room statically and study the knowledge in these books.

 

I prefer some dynamic work.

I want to go to a ranch in the north. I want to go to the ranch and learn how to graze and farm.

 

(Ma Kuang) answered after being silent for a while.

You have your ambitions. This is great.

But it is not easy to achieve your dream. It may take you several years to achieve something.

 

I can't fully understand the dream you really want to accomplish.

But I don't think it matters. I believe you.

 

The performance of a good craftsman is that he will show it to others after completing a mature work.

Before he finishes his own work, this good craftsman will not waste time discussing this dream, he will seize the time to create his own dream.

Just do what you want.

 

He was very moved.

Thank you for your understanding. I will stick to it, and I will be responsible for my choice.

After that, he went to the north to learn how to farm and graze.

 

 

This idiom means that a good craftsman will not rush to show his work before it is finished.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

What are your dreams and interests? Are you just discussing and imagining your dreams or do you really take action to construct your own dreams?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 





                                                       此圖片來自維基百科


良工不示人以朴(I'll show it to you when I finish this work.)

 

中國的漢王朝時代,有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

在他十二歲的時候,他的父親過世了。

 

他有三個哥哥,他這三位哥哥都很優秀,都是當時著名的縣長。

在他們的父親過世後,他最大的哥哥就承擔起照顧他的責任。

 

他的大哥名字名字叫做(馬況)

(馬況)對他很好也很關心他。

(馬況)聘請了很好的老師教他念書。

 

有一天他對(馬況)說。

我很感謝你請很好的老師來指導我學習。

但是我必須告訴你,我不喜歡靜態的坐在屋子中研究這些書本上的知識。

 

我比較喜歡一些動態的工作。

我想要去北方的牧場。我想去牧場學習如何放牧與耕種。

 

(馬況)沉默了一會後回答。

你有你的志向。這很棒唷。

但要成就你的夢想不是一件容易的事情唷。你可能要花費好幾年的時間才能夠有所成就。

 

我無法完全了解你真正想完成的夢想。

但是我認為無所謂。我相信你唷。

 

一個好的工匠的表現是,他會在完成一件成熟的作品後、才展示給別人看。

在他還沒有完成自已的作品之前,這個好的工匠不會浪費時間討論這個夢想,他會把握時間打造自已的夢想。

就照你想做的去做吧。

 

他很感動。

謝謝你的諒解。我一定會堅持下去,我會為了我的選擇負責。

之後他就一個人到北方學習如何耕作放牧。

 

 

這句成語的意思是,一個好的工匠不會在他的作品尚未完成時就急於展示。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的夢想與興趣是甚麼呢?你只是討論並想像自己的夢想還是你真的付出行動去建構自已的夢想呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-26-馬援傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...