5/09/2021

My singing skills are better.(曲高和寡)

 

My singing skills are better.(曲高和寡)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, there was a very upright minister in the Chu Kingdom. His name was (Song Yu).

 

The king of the Chu Kingdom had a private conversation with him.

 

Said the king.

I heard that many people don't like you. Should you review your behavior?

 

He says.

Do many people say in private that they don't like me? Please forgive me, please let me state my thoughts.

 

The king nodded.

 

He says.

A few months ago, a famous vocalist held a concert in the capital. Do you remember this.

 

Said the king.

I remember, I also went to listen, it was a great concert.

 

He says.

In this concert, the vocalist sang some pop songs, and all the audience sang along with him.

 

Said the king.

That's right, the atmosphere at the scene is really good.

 

He says.

The concert progressed to the middle. The vocalist sang some special songs, and the audience who sang with him decreased a lot.

 

The concert is coming to an end. The vocalist sang a very professional song. No one in the audience can sing with him.

 

The king nodded.

 

He went on to say.

People with high morals are relatively few, and people with low morals are relatively many.

So I was criticized and hated by these people, which is not surprising.

 

 

This idiom later described that a person's work is too good to be understood by ordinary people, so only a few people can understand the goodness of his work.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Have you ever felt the same as (Song Yu)? What would you do if you were slandered in private by others?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                             此圖片來自百度百科



曲高和寡(My singing skills are better.)

 

中國的戰國時代,楚王國有一位很正直的大臣,他的名字叫做(宋玉)

 

楚王國的國王與他私下對談。

 

國王說。

我聽到很多人不喜歡你。你是否應該檢討自己的行為呢。

 

他說。

有許多人私底下表示他們不喜歡我嗎。請你原諒我,請你讓我陳述一下我的想法。

 

國王點點頭。

 

他說。

幾個月前,有一位著名的聲樂家在首都舉辦一場演唱會。你記得這事嗎。

 

國王說。

我記得,我也有去聽呢,這是一 場很棒的演唱會。

 

他說。

這場演唱會中,這位聲樂家演唱了一些流行歌,全部的觀眾都跟著他一起唱呢。

 

國王說。

沒錯啊,現場的氣氛真好。

 

他說。

演唱會進行到中段。這位聲樂家演唱了一些特別的歌,跟著他一起唱的觀眾就減少了很多。

 

演唱會接近尾聲。這位聲樂家唱了一首很專業的歌,這首歌全場沒有人有能力跟他一起唱了。

 

國王點點頭。

 

他接著說。

道德崇高的人相對少數,道德低下的人相對多數。

所以我被這些人批評與討厭,這並不令人感到意外啊。

 

 

這個成語後來形容一個人的作品太好超過一般人的理解,所以只有很少人可以理解他的作品好在哪裡。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有過與(宋玉)一樣的感受嗎?你如果遭遇別人私底下的毀謗、你會怎麼做呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為戰國-宋玉-對楚王問

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/shiwenv_a9d957d204b7.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...