5/04/2021

One who can defeat himself is the real strong(自勝者強)

 

One who can defeat himself is the real strong(自勝者強)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, a famous thinker (Han Fei), he wrote a story.

 

Confucius has two students in conversation. One is (Zixia) and the other is (Zeng Shen).

 

(Zeng Shen) asked.

Long time no see, how have you been recently. Are you getting fat?

 

(Zixia) answered.

Yes, I have gained weight recently. I think it's because of my mood. I have stopped struggling recently.

 

(Zeng Shen) asked.

What were you bothering about before?

 

(Zixia) answered.

Through the teaching of my teacher, I learned that a person's life should have lofty pursuits, and should give back and help more people.

I agree with these concepts.

 

(Zeng Shen) said.

That's great.

 

(Zixia) answered.

But in my daily life, I see that many people are rich. These people may get money in an unjust way, but their material life is very good.

I found that my heart was envious of them.

 

(Zeng Shen) said.

I have had similar thoughts before, and it feels very annoying.

 

(Zixia) said.

Yep. At that time, these two thoughts were at war in my heart, and I couldn't eat or sleep well.

So I became very thin at that time.

 

But then I figured it out clearly. I finally decided to obey my heart.

The most important value of my life is not to make more money, but to be a moral person.

 

After I determined my direction, I have been able to eat and sleep recently.

 

I think this is why I get fat.

 

After finishing this story, (Han Fei) made his comment.

It is not easy for a person to defeat others, but a person is truly powerful if he can defeat himself.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that when a person defeats himself, he is truly strong.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or ideas do you have after hearing this story.

Have you ever had this moment of not knowing which path to choose? What do you think is your true goal in life?

I hope this story will give you a little bit of gain.





                                                          此圖片來自百度百科

自勝者強(One who can defeat himself is the real strong)

 

中國的戰國時代,著名的思想家(韓非),他寫了一個故事。

 

孔子有兩個學生正在對談。一個是(子夏),另一個是(曾參)

 

(曾參)問。

好久不見,你最近好嗎。你變胖了嗎。

 

(子夏)回答。

是啊,我最近是變胖了。我想是因為受我的心情影響吧。我最近不再糾結。

 

(曾參)問。

你之前為了甚麼事情在困擾呢。

 

(子夏)回答。

我藉由老師的教導,我了解到一個人的人生、應該有高遠的追求,應該更多的去回饋幫助更多的人。

我認同這些觀念。

 

(曾參)說。

那很好啊。

 

(子夏)回答。

可是我在日常生活當中,我看見很多人很有錢,這些人可能得到錢財的方式並不正義,但他們的物質生活很好。

我發現我的內心是羨慕他們的。

 

(曾參)說。

我也曾經有過類似的想法,那種感覺很煩。

 

(子夏)說。

恩。當時這兩種想法在我的內心中打仗,我吃不下也睡不好。

所以我那時候變得很瘦。

 

但是後來我想清楚了。我最後決定順從我的內心。

我人生最重要的價值不是賺到更多的錢,而是成為一個道德高尚的人。

 

當我確定自已的方向之後,我最近都吃得下也睡得著了。

 

我想這就是我變胖的原因吧。

 

說完這個故事,(韓非)發表他的評論。

一個人能夠戰勝別人已經很不容易,但是一個人若是能夠戰勝自已才是真正強大。

 

這個成語被用來提醒我們,當一個人戰勝自已時,他才是真正的強者。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你有過這種不知道該選擇哪一條道路的時刻呢?你認為你人生的真正目標是什麼呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為韓非子-喻老

 

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3514.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...