5/13/2021

The difference between a tiger and a dog is huge(畫虎類犬)

 The difference between a tiger and a dog is huge(畫虎類犬)


During the Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous general whose name was (Ma Yuan).


When his second brother and his wife passed away, they left two children, who were not yet ten years old at the time.

He cares about these two nephews very much, and they have deep feelings between them.


He once wrote a letter to them.

He writes.


I'm fighting on the front line, but I still care about you in my heart.

I recently heard about some of your actions, so I wrote this letter.


I want to share two points.


The first point is that I hope you will not criticize others lightly.

I hope you don’t talk about other people’s right and wrong in private, and don’t make judgments about others lightly.


These words are my personal principles and my heartfelt advice.


The second point is that I want to remind you that you are still very young and you should learn from some successful people.


I suggest that you can learn from my good friend (Long Bogao).

He is very humble and frugal, and he speaks very carefully.

He looks very simple on the outside, but if you associate with him, you will find him very connotative.


At your age, I think it is more suitable for you to take him as your example.

You may not be able to achieve the same height of character as him, but you can still become a prudent and steady person.


It's like a wild goose and a duck. Although they are different, they look alike.


I suggest you not to learn from my other good friend (Du Jiliang).

He is very prominent and he is also very upright. He loves to chat, and he makes friends from all walks of life. You will feel very happy after you associate with him. You will admire him very much.

But this is because of his personal charm and expertise, which is difficult for you to copy.


At your age, if you take him as your example.

There is absolutely no way for you to be like him, and you will become an impulsive and impetuous person. .


It's like a tiger and a dog, the difference between the two is too big.


This idiom is used to describe a person who wants to learn another person's behavior, but he doesn't learn like it.


Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Have you ever written to your own children? If you have the opportunity to share your life experience, what would you like to share?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                     此圖片來自維基百科




The difference between a tiger and a dog is huge(畫虎類犬)


中國的漢王朝時代,有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)。


他的二哥夫婦過世的時候,留下兩個小孩,這兩個孩子當時候還未滿十歲。

他很關心這兩個侄兒,他們之間有很深厚的感情。


他曾經寫過一封信給這他們。

他寫。


我正在前線打仗,但我的心裡還是很牽掛你們。

我最近聽聞你們的一些行為,所以我寫了這封信。


我要分享兩點。


第一點是我希望你們不要輕易地批評他人。

我希望你們不要私底下說別人的是非,不要輕易的對他人下判斷。


這些話是我個人的原則也是我衷心地勸告。


第二點是我想提醒你們,你們都還很年輕,你們應該向一些成功的人學習。


我建議你們可以向我的好朋友( 龍伯高)學習。

他很謙虛又很節儉,他說話很慎重。

他外表看起來很樸實、但若你們跟他交往之後你們會發現他很有內涵。


以你們這個年紀,我認為你們以他為你們的榜樣比較適合。

你們或許沒有辦法達到跟他一樣的品格高度,但你們也還是能成為一個謹慎穩重的人。


就像是一隻大雁跟一隻鴨子,兩者雖然不一樣,但看起來很像。


我建議你們不要向我的另一個好朋友(杜季良)學習。

他很突出他也很正直。他很愛聊天,他結交的朋友各行各業都有。你跟他交往之後你會感覺很愉快。你會很崇拜他。

但是這是出於他的個人魅力與特長,你們難以複製。


以你們這個年紀,如果你們以他為你的榜樣。

你們絕對沒有辦法像他一樣,而且你們會成為一個衝動並且浮躁的人。。


就像是一隻老虎跟一隻狗,兩者的差別太大。


這句成語被用來形容一個人希望學習另外一個人的行為,但卻學得不像。


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你曾經寫信給自已的小孩嗎?你如果有機會分享你的人生經驗,你想分享甚麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


出處為後漢書-卷26-馬援傳


https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html



精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...