5/11/2021

The older I am, the higher my ambition should be.(老當益壯)

 The older I am, the higher my ambition should be.(老當益壯)

 

There was a famous general in the Eastern Han Dynasty of China, his name was (Ma Yuan).

His father died when he was 12 years old and he lived with his three elder brothers.

 

When he came of age, he became a judicial official in a local government of the new dynasty.

Because of the unstable political situation at the time, judicial cases were often controversial.

 

When he found out that some criminals were innocent, he would secretly release them.

His actions were later discovered and he was wanted.

He fled to northern China to become a nomad and farmer.

 

Because of his integrity, he has many friends and his career gets better every day.

Some years later he became a millionaire.

 

One day he told his friends.

 

Poverty can temper a man's ambition. If I had lived such a wealthy life, I would soon fall down. A person's ambition should increase with age, not decrease.

 

 

I have thought a lot about the value of money.

 

I believe that money should be used to alleviate poverty and give back to society.

This is the only way to maximise the value of money.

 

I don't want to be a miser.

 

He gave away all his possessions.

He reset himself to zero and returned to a simple life.

 

The meaning of this saying is that a person's ambition should increase with age.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

How do you view and use the wealth you have now? Do you think you know how to spend your money to maximise its value?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                          圖片來自於百度百科



老當益壯(The older I am, the higher my ambition should be.)

 

中國的東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

12歲的時候他的父親過世,他跟著他的三個哥哥一起生活。

 

他成年之後,他成為新王朝的一個地方政府的司法官員。

由於當時的政治情況不穩定,因此常常有一些司法案件具有爭議。

 

當他發現有些罪犯是無辜的,他就會偷偷的釋放這些無辜的人。

他的行為後來被發現,他被通緝。

他就逃亡到中國的北方去游牧與農作。

 

因為他的正直,所以他的朋友很多,他的事業一天比一天更好。

幾年後他成了一個大富翁。

 

有一天,他對朋友們說。

 

貧窮更可以鍛鍊一個人的志氣,如果我一直過著那麼富足的生活,我很快就會衰敗。一個人的志氣應該隨著他的年齡愈來愈多,而不是愈來愈少。

 

 

我很深入地思考了金錢的價值。

 

我認為金錢應該用來救濟貧窮,用來回饋社會。

只有透過這個方法金錢的價值才會發揮到最大化。

 

我不願意當一個守財奴。

 

他就把自己全部的財產捐出去。

他讓自已歸零,重新回歸到簡單的生活。

 

這句成語的意思是,一個人的志氣應該隨著他的年齡愈來愈多,

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如何看待與使用你現在所擁有的資產呢?你認為你懂得如何花錢,讓金錢發揮他最大的價值嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-26-馬援傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...