5/07/2021

You kicked me when I fell(落井下石)

 You kicked me when I fell(落井下石)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there were two famous writers who were very good friends.

Their names are (Han Yu) and (Liu Zongyuan).

 

When (Han Yu) was 51 years old, (Liu Zongyuan) died.

He was very sad, he wrote an epitaph for (Liu Zongyuan).

 

There is a paragraph in the article.

 

In my daily life, I often meet some people who are very friendly to me. These people may be my neighbors or colleagues.

They would find me to eat and drink, and they would often hang out with me.

 

They often boast that they are very loyal to me.

They said to me. If I have difficulties, they will try their best to help me.

They will always trust me and always support me.

I am their best friend.

 

Their attitude is very sincere, so I believe what they say.

 

But often only when I encounter trouble, I have the opportunity to verify whether their behavior is consistent with their speech.

 

If there are circumstances that harm their interests, even these interests are trivial.

They will immediately abandon me, and they will tell others that they don't know me.

Sometimes I encounter great difficulties, and I am like an animal falling into a trap.

 

Not only would these people not help me escape this trap, they pushed me to make me fall again when I tried to escape this trap with my own strength.

 

They even threw stones at me after I fell into the trap again.

 

There are a lot of these people. These people have very inferior personalities, but they think they are very smart.

 

Compared with my good friend (Liu Zongyuan), don't these people feel ashamed?

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is bad. This bad guy saw a person fall into a trap. Not only did he not help the person, but he threw the person with a stone.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do your words and actions match? If you were asked to write your own epitaph, what would you write?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 

 


                                                    此圖片來自維基百科

                                                     


落井下石(You kicked me when I fell)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有兩個著名的文學家,他們是非常好的朋友。

他們的名字各是(韓愈)(柳宗元)

 

(韓愈)51歲的時候,(柳宗元)死了。

他非常的悲傷,他為了(柳宗元)寫了一篇墓誌銘。

 

文章中有一段。

 

我在日常生活之中,我經常會遇見一些人對我很友好。這些人可能是我的鄰居或是同事。

他們會找我一起吃飯一起喝酒,也常常跟我一起出去玩。

 

他們常常誇耀說他們對我非常忠誠。

他們對我說。如果我有困難,他們會盡全力幫助我。

他們永遠永遠信任我也永遠支持我。

我是他們最好的朋友。

 

他們的態度非常的誠懇,因此我相信他們所說的話。

 

但是往往只有在我遇見麻煩的時候,我才有機會驗證他們的行為與言語是否相符合。

 

如果有損害到他們的利益的情況,就算這些利益很微不足道。

他們就會立刻丟棄我、他們對別人說不認識我。

有時候我遭遇到極大的困難,我就像是落入一個陷阱中的動物。

 

這些人不但不會幫我逃出這個陷阱,他們在我憑藉自己的力量要逃出這個陷阱時,他們推我讓我又跌落陷阱。

 

他們在我又跌落入陷阱後,他們竟然還對我丟石頭。

 

這些人的數量很多,這些人的人格非常的低劣,但他們卻覺得自已很聰明。

 

他們與我的好朋友(柳宗元)相比,這些人難道不會覺得慚愧嗎。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人很壞。這個壞人他看見一個人落入陷阱中,不但不幫助這個人,反而還用石頭丟這個人。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的言語與行為是否相符呢?如果讓你寫自己的墓誌銘,你會寫些甚麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-韓愈-柳子厚墓誌銘

 

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/71679/prose_translations/4230

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...