6/30/2021

A sojourner(寄人籬下)

 

A sojourner(寄人籬下)

 

During the period of the Northern and Southern Dynasties in China, there was a famous minister named (Zhang Rong).

 

There is a story about him in history books.

 

He is a very special person, and his views are very different from those of other people of his time.

 

One day, a friend asked him.

Why do you have so many unique insights. Why is your article so touching?

 

He replied.

Because I regard the mind as the teacher of the ear, I am not like the others who let the ear become the teacher of the mind.

 

I wrote this article to express my true feelings in my heart.

 

I clarify the thoughts in my mind by writing.

This feeling is like my heart is covered with a lot of dust, I clean my heart with clean water.

 

But many people write articles to cater to the taste of the public and hope that others will recognize and praise themselves.

 

These people excessively follow the so-called writing principles, and the works they write have no vitality. It feels like a person living in someone else's house. This person feels very cautious and awkward.

 

Before he died, he said to his son.

I am dying but I am very happy. I have been looking forward to the day when my soul ascends to heaven since I was young.

 

After I die, I hope that my funeral will be simple.

You buy the cheapest coffin and let me wear the set of clothes I usually wear.

 

By the way, there is another very important thing, you remember to put my three favorite books in my coffin and accompany me to cremation.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person living in someone elses home, and many things cannot be decided by himself.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

In what way are you used to clarifying your inner feelings? If you could choose, how would you arrange your own funeral?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                       此圖片來自百度百科

 

寄人籬下(A sojourner)

 

在中國的南北王朝時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(張融)

 

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他是一個很特別的人,他的觀點與同時代的其他人都大不相同。

 

有一天,有一個朋友問他。

為何你有那麼多獨特的見解。你的文章為何寫得那麼感動人。

 

他回答。

因為我把心智當作耳朵的老師,我不像其他人讓耳朵成為心智的老師。

 

我寫文章是為了抒發自己內心的真實感受。

 

我藉由寫作釐清我心中的思緒。

這感受就好像是我的心蒙上了很多灰塵,我用清水把我的內心清洗乾淨。

 

但許多人寫文章是迎合大眾的趣味去希望別人認同與讚美自已。

 

這些人過度的遵循所謂的寫作原則,他們寫出來的作品沒有生命力。這感覺就像是一個人寄居在別人家裡,這個人感覺很拘謹又很彆扭。

 

他臨死之前,他對他的兒子說。

我已經快要死了但我很開心,我從年輕時就一直很期待我離世靈魂升天的那一天。

 

我死了之後,我希望我的葬禮舉辦的很簡單。

你們買一口最便宜的棺木,讓我穿著我平日常穿的那一套衣服。

 

對了,還有一件很重要的事,你記得把我最喜歡的那三本書放在我的棺木中陪伴著我一起火化。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人寄居在別人的家裡,很多事情無法自已決定。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你習慣用甚麼方式去釐清自已內心的感受呢?你如果可以選擇,你會怎樣安排自已的葬禮呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為南唐書-列傳-41-張融傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_6847.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...