6/19/2021

How do you face other people's insults to you(唾面自乾)

 How do you face other people's insults to you(唾面自乾)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister named (Lou Shide).

 

There is a story about him in history books.

 

His brother was also a minister, and they were originally working in the capital.

But his brother will be sent to another city to take up a new position.

 

He said to his brother.

You are going to a strange place, and you will meet many strangers.

So I want to remind you.

You need to be tolerant when you get along with others.

 

Said his brother.

I will remember your reminder.

If someone spit on my face, I would wipe it off.

Even if I face this insult, I will remain tolerant.

 

He says.

You do it really well. But if it were me, I would not do it.

 

The younger brother asked.

Then what would you do.

 

He says.

If someone spit on my face, I wouldn't wipe it off immediately, because my reaction might trigger his anger again.

 

I will wait quietly for him to leave before I clean my face.

I think this is the greatest tolerance.

 

Because I consider how he feels.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's extreme tolerance.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

How would you react when you were insulted by others? What do you think is the difference between tolerance and cowardice?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                 此圖片來自百度百科





唾面自乾(How do you face other people's insults to you)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(婁師德)

 

歷史書中記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的弟弟也是一個大臣,原本他們都在首都裡工作。

但他弟弟將被派遣到另一座城市去負責一個新職務。

 

他對弟弟說。

你要去一個陌生的地方,你將會接觸許多陌生人。

所以我要提醒你。

你與他人相處的時候你要保持寬容。

 

他的弟弟說。

我會記得你的提醒。

若是有人吐了一口口水到我的臉上,我就把口水擦掉。

即使我面對這種污辱,我也會保持寬容。

 

他說。

你這樣做真的很好。但如果是我我不會這樣做。

 

弟弟問。

那你會怎麼做。

 

他說。

若是有人吐了一口口水到我的臉上,我不會立刻把口水擦掉,因為我的這個反應可能會再次引發他的憤怒。

 

我會安靜地等他離開後我才清潔我的臉。

我認為這才最大的寬容。

 

因為我考慮他的感受。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的極度的忍讓的行為。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你遭遇別人的侮辱時,你會怎如何反應呢?你覺得寬容與懦弱有甚麼區別呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處維新唐書-列傳-33婁師德傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_7754.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...