6/16/2021

I have lofty ideals and goals(志在四方)

 

I have lofty ideals and goals(志在四方)

 

During the Warring States Period in China, there was a celebrity in the Lu Kingdom whose name was (Kong Chuan).

 

Once, he took three students to the Zhao Kingdom to travel, and he met two people over there.

 

During his stay in the Kingdom of Zhao, these two people warmly entertained him every day. The three of them talked and shared with each other and established a deep friendship in a short period of time. They became very good friends.

 

After a few weeks, he will return to the Kingdom of Lu.

 

These two friends accompanied him on the road for three days until they reached the border of the Zhao Kingdom.

 

At the moment of formal farewell, his two friends said goodbye to him in tears.

He bowed to these two friends. He said thank you very much for your reception this time.

 

After saying this, he turned and left.

 

His student asked.

Teacher, I want to ask you a question. Why are you not sad? Why are you not crying.

 

He replied.

Of course I feel sentimental about parting, but I think the biggest difference between us humans and animals is that we can think.

 

We each have what we should do, and we have our own goals in life. We couldn't get together forever.

 

So I think we have to look at it rationally, so I didn't cry.

 

His student asked.

Do you think their behavior is wrong?

 

He replied.

I don't think so. I think they are very good people. But I think they are too emotional, which will affect their decision-making and judgment.

 

 

This idiom later described a person with lofty goals and ideals

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you think you are a more rational or emotional person? What are your most important  goals?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                        此圖片來自百度百科


志在四方(I have lofty ideals and goals)

 

中國的戰國時代,魯王國有一位名人,他的名字叫做(孔穿)

 

有一次,他帶著三個學生到趙王國去遊歷,他在那邊認識了兩個人。

 

他在趙王國的期間內,這兩個人每天都很熱情的招待他。他們三個人相互交談與分享,在很短的時間內就建立的深厚的情誼。他們成為了很好的朋友。

 

幾個禮拜後,他要回魯王國了。

 

這兩個朋友陪著他走了三天的路,一直送到趙王國的邊境。

 

正式告別的時刻,他這兩個朋友流著淚與他告別。

他向這兩個朋友鞠躬。他說很謝謝你們這一陣子的接待。

 

說完這句話他就轉身離開。

 

他的學生問。

老師,我想請問你一個問題。為何你不難過嗎,為何你沒有流淚呢。

 

他回答。

我對於離別當然會感到感傷,但是我認為我們人類與動物最大的不同,就是我們可以思考。

 

我們各自有應該做的事情,也有各自的人生目標,我們本來就不可能永遠的相聚再一起。

 

所以我認為我們要理性的看待,所以我沒有哭泣。

 

他的學生問。

那你認為他們的行為是錯誤的嗎。

 

他回答。

我不這樣認為啊。我認為他們是很好的人。但我認為他們太過於感情用事,會影響他們的決策與判斷。

 

 

這個成語後來形容一個人有遠大的目標與理想

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為你是屬於比較理性還是感性的人呢?你最重要的目標是甚麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為孔叢子-儒服

https://ctext.org/kongcongzi/ru-fu/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...