6/26/2021

I should give way and let him show(出人頭地)

 

I should give way and let him show(出人頭地)

 

There was a famous politician in the Song Dynasty of China, he was also a famous poet, and his name was (Su Shi).

 

There is a story about him in history books.

 

When he was 20 years old, he went to the capital to take the imperial examination.

This is the most important system in ancient China for selecting officials through examinations.

 

This test takes three days. In order to prevent cheating, all chief examiners and deputy chief examiners are dispatched randomly.

 

The chief examiner of that exam was (Ouyang Xiu). The deputy chief examiner is (Mei Shengyu).

After this exam, (Ouyang Xiu) said to (Mei Shengyu).

 

Su Shi's article is very well written, precise and methodical.

Many of the views in his articles are the same as mine, but his expressive ability is better than mine.

 

When I read the articles he wrote, I sweated unconsciously. The excitement was really enjoyable.

 

I think I should give way, I am old, I am 50 years old, I should retreat to the second line, let this 20-year-old young man come out and give full play to his talents.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe one person surpassing many others.

 

Dear friend, how do you feel or think after hearing this story.

Do you look at talented people from the perspective of appreciation or jealousy? Have you ever experienced this kind of excitement when reading?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                  此圖片來自於維基百科


出人頭地(I should give way and let him show)

 

中國的宋王朝有一位著名的政治家,他也是一個著名的詩人,他的名字叫做(蘇軾)

 

歷史書中記載了一個他的故事。

 

20歲那一年,他到首都參加科舉考試。

這是一種中國古代最重要透過考試來拔選出官員的制度。

 

這項考試要考三天,為了防止作弊,所有的主考官與副主考官都是隨機派遣。

 

那一次考試的主考官的是(歐陽修)。副主考官是(梅聖俞)

這一場考試結束後,(歐陽修)(梅聖俞)說。

 

蘇軾的文章寫得太好了,立意精準而且有條有理。

他寫的文章中的很多觀點跟我的一樣,但是他的表達能力比我更好。

 

當我閱讀他寫的文章的時候,我都不自覺地流汗,那種興奮的感覺真的太過癮了。

 

我認為我應該讓路了,我年紀已經老了,我已經50歲了,我應該退居二線,讓這個20歲的年輕人出頭去盡情的發揮自已的才能啊。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人超越其他許多人。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你用欣賞還是忌妒的角度去看待有才能的人呢?你閱讀時曾經有過這種興奮感受嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為宋史-蘇軾-列傳97

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_8433.html

 

出處為歐陽修集-149-30

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/wiki/%E6%AD%90%E9%99%BD%E4%BF%AE%E9%9B%86/%E5%8D%B7149

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...