6/01/2021

I think both options are good(模稜兩可)

 

I think both options are good(模稜兩可)

 

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister whose name was (Su Weidao).

 

There is a story about him in history books.

 

 

Once, one of his subordinates asked him.

There is a very important project, how should we proceed.

 

He asked this subordinate.

How do you think this project should be handled?

 

The subordinate answered.

I think there are two options.

Then the subordinates reported to him two plans.

 

He said after listening to the subordinate's report.

I think the first plan is good, and the second plan is also great.

I think both options are okay.

You decide for yourself.

 

The subordinate had no choice but to decide on his own.

 

His friend asked him, why didn't you give this subordinate a clear order.

 

He answered with a smile.

If I clearly indicate which plan I support, then if this plan fails, I must take full responsibility.

 

I think the most important thing is to keep me secure in my current position.

 

I should not decide anything, so that even if I haven't done anything, it won't affect my work.

 

This is my working philosophy.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who does not make a clear decision when speaking or handling things, nor does it express an obvious attitude.

 

 

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you agree with him? What do you think his habit of avoiding mistakes allows him to gain and what to lose?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                          此圖片來自百度百科

模稜兩可(I think both options are good)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(蘇味道)

 

歷史書中記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一次,他的一個部屬問他。

請問有一個很重大的項目,我們該如何進行。

 

他問這個部屬。

你覺得這個項目應該怎樣處理阿。

 

部屬回答。

我認為有兩個方案。

接著部屬向他報告了兩個方案。

 

他聽完部屬的報告後說。

我認為第一個方案很好,第二個方案也很棒。

我認為兩個方案都可以。

你自己決定吧。

 

這個部屬很無奈地只好自已決定。

 

他的朋友問他,你為何不給這個部屬一個明確的命令呢。

 

他笑著回答。

我如果明確的表示我支持哪一個方案,那這個方案萬一失敗了,我就必須承擔起全部的責任。

 

我認為最重要的,就是要讓我安穩地在現在的職位上。

 

我就應該什麼事情都不決定,這樣就算沒有建樹但也不會因此影響我的工作。

 

這就是我的工作哲學。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人說話或處理事情不作明確的決斷,也不表示顯明的態度。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認同他的觀點嗎?你認為他避免犯錯誤的這個習慣,讓他得到甚麼、讓他失去甚麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為舊唐書-94-蘇味道傳

 

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E8%88%8A%E5%94%90%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B794

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...