6/09/2021

I think my appearance is very vulgar and ugly(自慚形穢)

 

I think my appearance is very vulgar and ugly(自慚形穢)

 

 

During the Eastern Jin Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister whose name was (Wei Jie).

 

He is also one of the famous handsome men in China.

 

One of his stories is recorded in history books.

 

He has been very beautiful since he was a child, so his family likes him very much.

 

He was about ten years old, and his uncle took him to the bazaar to go shopping.

Because of his white complexion and exquisite features, the whole person seems to emit a light of white jade.

 

The two of them caused crowds of onlookers and commotion.

 

 

His uncle is tall, handsome in features, and brave and heroic. It was a famous general at the time.

But his uncle once told all his family members.

 

I think I am handsome, and the people around me also think so.

But every time I see my nephew, I think I am very vulgar and ugly.

 

When I stood with him, I felt that he was like a pearl with a gentle glow. This light shines on me, and I feel that I have also been affected by him, and I have become less ugly.

 

The meaning of this idiom is to describe a person who feels ashamed because he feels that his appearance is inferior to others.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

What qualities do you think a handsome man should have? Do you accept the uniqueness of your appearance?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                    此圖片來自百度百科



自慚形穢(I think my appearance is very vulgar and ugly)

 

中國的東晉時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(衛玠)

 

他也是中國著名的英俊男人之一。

 

歷史書上記載了他的一個故事。

 

他從小就長得很漂亮,所以他的家人都很喜歡他。

 

他十歲左右,他的舅舅帶他到市集上去逛街。

由於他的膚色潔白,五官精緻,整個人好像散發出白玉的光芒一般。

 

他們兩個人引起了眾人的圍觀與騷動。

 

 

他的舅舅身材高大,五官俊美,而且勇敢豪邁。更是當時一個著名的將軍。

但是他的舅舅有一次對所有家人說。

 

我自己覺得自已很英俊,而且周圍的人也是這樣認為。

但是每次我看到我這個外甥,我就覺得我很粗俗,長得很醜陋啊。

 

我跟他站在一起的時候,我覺得他就好像一顆珍珠,會發出溫潤的光芒。這光芒映照著我,我自己都覺得自已也被他影響,變得看起來不那麼醜了。

 

這句成語的意思是形容一個人自覺容貌儀態不如別人而感覺羞愧。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為一個英俊的男人應該有哪幾個特質呢?你接受自已樣貌的獨特性嗎。

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為世說新語-容止

https://ctext.org/shi-shuo-xin-yu/rong-zhi/zh

出處為晉書-列傳第6卷衛玠傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_6613.html

出處為清-湯球-晉諸公別傳

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E%99%89%E8%AB%B8%E5%85%AC%E5%88%A5%E5%82%B3

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...