6/05/2021

This tree only blossoms but does not bear fruit(華而不實)

 

 

This tree only blossoms but does not bear fruit(華而不實)

                  

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, there was a person named (Ning Ying).

 

One day, he met someone who was an important minister of the Jin Kingdom. His name was (Yang Chufu).

The two of them had a pleasant conversation.

 

(Yang Chufu) said.

I have a high position in the Jin Kingdom. I think you are a talented person, so I want to hire you to work for me.

 

He happily agreed.

The two of them went back to the Jin Kingdom together.

 

After three days, he suddenly said to (Yang Chufu).

I miss my family so much, I reconsidered, I can't work for you. please forgive me.

 

(Yang Chufu) was very angry.

You can leave, but you will lose this opportunity forever. I will never hire you later.

 

After he got home, his wife asked him.

Why are you back again? Haven't you already promised to work for (Yang Chufu)? Why have you changed your mind?

 

He says.

In the past few days, I have carefully observed the words and actions of (Yang Chufu).

I found that he has a very fatal flaw.

 

His wife asked.

What is this fatal flaw.

 

He replied.

His way of doing things was too tough, and he didn't maintain proper flexibility.

He often uses his power to force others, he does not communicate with others.

Many people who work with him dislike him very much, but he doesn't know it himself.

 

He is like a tree, the tree is full of beautiful flowers, but it will not bear fruit.

I don't think he is a leader worth following, so I came back.

 

This idiom means that a tree only blossoms but does not bear fruit. It is used to describe a person who has no substantive connotation.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

How do you maintain a balance between flexibility and firmness? What do you think a good leader should have?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                     此圖片來自百度百科




華而不實(This tree only blossoms but does not bear fruit)

 

中國的春秋時代,有一個人的名字叫做(甯嬴)

 

有一天,他認識了一個人,這個人是晉王國重要的大臣,他的名字叫做(陽處父)

他們兩個人對談得很愉快。

 

(陽處父)說。

我在晉王國有很高的權位,我認為你是一個有才能的人,所以我想聘請你為我工作。

 

他很開心地答應了。

他們兩個便一起同行回晉王國。

 

過了三天,他突然對(陽處父)說。

我很想念我的家人,我重新考慮過了,我無法為你工作。請你原諒我。

 

(陽處父)很生氣。

你可以離開,但你將永遠失去這個機會。我之後絕對不會聘用你。

 

他回家後,他的妻子問他。

你為何又回來,你不是已經答應為(陽處父)工作嗎,你為何改變心意?

 

他說。

我在這幾天中,很仔細的觀察(陽處父)的言語與行為。

我發現他有一個很致命的缺點。

 

他的妻子問。

這致命缺陷是什麼。

 

他回答。

他做事的方式太過強硬,而沒有保持適當的彈性。

他常常用自己的權力去強迫別人,他不與人溝通。

很多與他一起工作的人很不喜歡他但他自已卻不知道。

 

他就像是一棵樹,樹上開滿了漂亮的花,但卻不會結果。

我認為他不是一個值得跟隨的領導者,所以我就回來了。

 

這句成語的意思是一棵樹只開花卻不結果實。被用來形容一個人沒有實質的內涵。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如何保持彈性與堅定的平衡呢?你認為一個好的領導者應該有甚麼特質呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

 

出處為左傳-文公-五年

 

https://ctext.org/chun-qiu-zuo-zhuan/wen-gong-wu-nian/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...