7/25/2021

I didn't accomplish anything.(一事無成)

 I didn't accomplish anything.(一事無成)

 

There was a famous poet during the Tang Dynasty in China, and his name was (Bai Juyi).

 

One year on New Year's Eve, he wrote a poem to a good friend of his.

 

New Year's Eve is one of the most important festivals for Chinese people. This day is the day when all the family members get together.

 

The content of this poem is as follows.

 

Time flies so fast, my hair has turned so white unknowingly.

I think back to my whole life, I seem to have not even completed one thing worth boasting about.

Thinking of this, I feel very embarrassed.

 

I think of many years ago, when we were still young, we were very high-spirited.

After that, we were demoted and left the capital.

 

I think of a few years ago, when we two got together in that place in Jiangnan after years of separation.

That day was also New Year's Eve, and we sighed and sorrow together.

 

I think you understand the ups and downs and dangers that each of us will experience on the journey of life.

 

I often recall the scenery of my hometown recently,

 

I am 15 years older than you, so I think I should apply for retirement first. After all, after tonight, I will be 53 years old.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who has no achievements at all.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

If you can only do one thing this year, what will you do? How much have you implemented your New Year's goals this year?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                          此圖片來自百度百科


一事無成(I didn't accomplish anything.)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

 

有一年的除夕夜,他寫了一首詩給他的一位好朋友。

 

除夕是中國人最重要的節日之一,這一天是所有家人團聚的日子。

 

這首詩的內容如下。

 

時間過得真快,我的頭髮竟然不知不覺地已經變得那麼白。

我回想我的這一輩子,我好像連一件值得誇耀的事都沒有完成。

想到這一點,我就感覺非常的難堪。

 

我想到多年前,我們都還年輕的時候,我們非常意氣風發。

在那之後我們被貶官各自離開首都。

 

我想到幾年前,我們兩個人分隔多年後在江南那個地方相聚。

那一天也是除夕夜,我們一同感嘆與悲傷。

 

我們每個人的人生路途中,會經歷的坎坷與艱險我想你也很清楚明白。

 

我最近常常回憶起故鄉的景色,

 

我比你大15歲,所以我想我應該先申請退休了。畢竟過了今天晚上,我就已經53歲了。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人一點成就都沒有。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果今年只能做一件事情,你會做甚麼呢?你今年的新年目標你落實多少了呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為白居易-除夜寄微之

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E9%99%A4%E5%A4%9C%E5%AF%84%E5%BE%AE%E4%B9%8B

校的字典解釋

https://pedia.cloud.edu.tw/Entry/Detail/?title=%E6%A0%A1

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...