7/05/2021

I never knew you (素昧平生)

 

I never knew you (素昧平生)

 

There was a famous minister in the Song Dynasty of China, and his name was (Hong Mai).

 

He has a habit of recording interesting things he has heard.

These records were later assembled into a book.

 

One of the stories is as follows.

 

In Panyang, there is a middle-aged man whose name is Gantang.

 

He was blind in one eye when he was 28.

When he was 38 years old, one day, he had a strange dream.

 

In his dream, a monk gave him a black bead.

But he didn't care when he woke up.

 

When he was out four days later, he passed a bridge and a Taoist priest came from the opposite side.

 

The Taoist priest was very tall and wore a yellow dress.

The Taoist priest saw him blind and kept staring at him.

 

He was very embarrassed, so he had to smile at this Taoist priest.

The Taoist priest suddenly came over and grabbed him and said to him. You come with me.

 

He said to the Taoist priest in a panic. I have never seen you in my life, why are you pulling me. You let me go.

Taoist said to him with a smile. Come with me and I can help you.

 

The power of this Taoist priest was so great that he couldn't break free.

He was forcibly pulled onto a boat by the river.

He saw a sign hanging on the boat with the words Royal Special Doctor.

 

The Taoist priest said to him.

Your eyes still have a chance to heal, and I can heal you.

 

He said to this Taoist priest.

I have been blind for ten years and I have seen many doctors but there is no way to heal my eyes.

thank you.

And I don’t have money to pay for medical bills.

 

Said the Taoist priest.

I won't collect money from you. Your eyes can really heal.

Please trust me.

This Taoist priest is very sincere.

 

He thought to himself.

Anyway, my eyes are already blind, and even if it is not cured, the situation cannot get worse.

So he finally let the Taoist priest treat his eyes.

 

The Taoist priest used a very special treatment and gave him a bowl of boiled Chinese medicine.

After about an hour, the Taoist priest told him to open his eyes.

 

After opening his eyes, he was pleasantly surprised to find that his blind eye had restored his vision.

He was so happy, he said to the Taoist priest with tears. I thank you so much.

 

The Taoist smiled and said to him.

Your eyes are healed by me, which is the best thanks to me.

 

After he left the ship, he immediately went home to tell his family the news.

The whole family was ecstatic.

 

Their family said, no matter what, we should thank this Taoist priest.

When the family prepared a lot of gifts and returned to the river, they found that the ship had left.

 

This idiom is used to indicate that two people have never met.

 

 

Dear friend, how do you feel or think after hearing this story.

Have you met someone you don’t know, but this person has been a great help to you? If you help others but you can’t get anything in return, would you still do it?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                                此圖片來自百度百科




素昧平生(I never knew you)

 

中國的宋王朝有一位著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(洪邁)

 

他有一個習慣,他會把自已聽聞比較有趣的事情記錄下來。

這些紀錄後來集結成一本書。

 

其中有一個故事如下。

 

番陽這個地方,有一個中年男子,他的名字叫做(甘棠)

 

28歲的時候有一隻眼睛瞎了。

38歲那一年,有一天,他做了一個奇怪的夢。

 

在他的夢中,有一個和尚,給了他一顆黑色的珠子。

但他醒過來後不以為意。

 

四天後他外出時他經過一座橋,有一個道士從對面走來。

 

這個道士長得很高,穿著一件黃色的衣服。

這個道士看見他瞎了一隻眼睛,就一直盯著他看。

 

他很不好意思,他只好微笑看著這個道士。

這個道士突然走過來拉住他並對他說。你跟我來。

 

他很驚慌地對道士說。我這一輩子從來沒看過你,你為何拉我。你放開我。

道士笑著對他說。你跟我來,我可以幫忙你。

 

這個道士的力量很大,他無法掙脫。

他被強拉到江邊的一艘船上。

他看見那船上掛著一塊牌子,牌子上面寫著皇室特約醫生幾個字。

 

這個道士對他說。

你眼睛還有機會復原,我能治癒你。

 

他對這個道士說。

我已經瞎了十年了,我看過很多醫生都沒有辦法治癒我的眼睛。

謝謝你。

而且我沒有錢付醫藥費。

 

這個道士說。

我不跟你收錢啊。你的眼睛真的可以治癒。

請相信我。

這個道士非常的誠懇。

 

他心裡想。

反正我的眼睛已經瞎了,就算治不好情況也不可能更壞。

所以他最後就讓這個道士動手治療他的眼睛。

 

這個道士用了很特殊的治療方式並給他喝了一碗熬煮的中藥。

過了大約一個小時後,這個道士叫他睜開眼睛。

 

他眼睛睜開後,他驚喜的發現,自已那隻瞎掉的眼睛竟然恢復了視力。

他太高興了,他流著淚對這個道士說。我太感謝你了。

 

這個道士微笑這對他說。

你的眼睛被我治癒,就是對我最好的感謝。

 

他離開這艘船後,他立刻回家告訴家人這個消息。

全家人都欣喜若狂。

 

他們家人說,不管怎樣,我們都應該好好地感謝這位道士。

他們一家人準備了很多的禮物又回到河邊的時候,發現那艘船已經駛離。

 

這句成語被用來表示兩個人從來沒有見過面。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有遇過不認識的人,但這個人給過你很大的幫助的經驗嗎?如果你幫助別人但你無法得到回報,你還會做這件事嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為宋-洪邁-夷堅志-丁卷-17-2  

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=897266#%E5%8D%B7%E7%AC%AC%E5%8D%81%E4%B8%83


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...