8/25/2021

A mole needs only a little water(鼴鼠飲水) / You don't replace a chef to cook(越俎代庖)

A mole needs only a little water(鼴鼠飲水)

You don't replace a chef to cook(越俎代庖)

 

In the ancient times of China, there was a famous emperor whose name was Yao.

He has ruled China for many years, and he is very old. He wants to find a successor.

 

But he did not let his son inherit the throne. He hoped to pass the throne to a virtuous person.

 

He inquired around and found that there was a person with a good reputation, and many people respected him. This person's name is (Xu You).

 

After he had a deep understanding, he thought (Xu You) was a very suitable successor, so he went to visit (Xu You).

He said to (Xu You).

Compared with the sun and the moon, how faint the light of a torch is.

Compared with the rain in the sky, there is so little water in a small pond.

 

Compared with you, how bad my moral height and work ability are.

 

I am about to retire, so I hope that the entire country will be handed over to you. Please accept my request.

 

(Xu You) replied.

I am very grateful for your kindness, but

You have your position, but I have my ideas.

I personally think that you have governed this kingdom very well, so I think you should continue to serve as the emperor.

 

And I personally feel that all reputations are false, and only my inner abundance is real.

 

I am like a little sparrow, as long as there is a small tree for me to build a birdhouse, I feel very satisfied.

I'm like a little mole, my stomach is small, I only need a little water and I'm full.

 

I don't want to have the power to manage the entire country. Thank you for your kindness, but I don't want to accept it.

 

He said.

Please agree to my request, I really think you are the best successor to the throne.

 

(Xu You) replied.

I am satisfied with my current life and I will not change my decision.

Please don't force me, I am like the cook of a festival, and you are the chief priest of this festival.

 

The two of us have their own responsibilities. You can't cook for me, and I won't preside over the festival for you.

 

There are two idioms in this story. The first idiom means to describe a person who doesn't ask for much.

The second idiom means to describe a person who goes beyond his own responsibility to do what others should do.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

How would you decide if you were allowed? Would you go beyond your authority to do what others should do?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                    此圖片來自維基百科



鼴鼠飲水( A mole needs only a little water)

越俎代庖(You don't replace a chef to cook)

 

中國的上古時代,有一個著名的皇帝,他的名字叫做()

他已經統治中國許多年,他的年紀已經很老了。他想要找一個接班人。

 

但他沒有讓自己的兒子繼承王位,他希望可以把王位傳給一個賢能的人。

 

他四處打聽,發現有一個人的名聲很好,有很多百姓都很尊敬他。這個人的名字叫做(許由)

 

他深入了解後,他認為(許由)是一個很適合的接班人,他便去拜訪(許由)

他對(許由)說。

與太陽和月亮相比,一隻火把的光是多麼微弱阿。

與天空中下的雨相比,一個小池塘的水是多麼的少阿。

 

我與你相比,我的道德高度與工作能力是多麼的差勁啊。

 

我即將要退休,所以我希望把整個國家交給你治理,請你接受我的請求。

 

(許由)回答。

我很謝謝你的好意,但是

你有你的立場,但是我有我的想法。

我個人覺得你將這個王國治理的非常好,所以我認為你應該繼續擔任皇帝這個職位。

 

而且我個人覺得所有的名聲都是虛假的,只有自己內心的富足才是真實的。

 

我就像是一隻小麻雀,只要有一顆小小的樹讓我築個鳥槽,我就感覺很滿足了。

我就像是一個小鼴鼠,我的腸胃容量很小,我只需要一點點的水我就喝飽了。

 

我並不想有擁有管理整個國家的權力,謝謝你的好意,但我不想接受。

 

他說。

請你答應我的請求,我真的認為你是最好的王位繼任人。

 

(許由)回答。

我很滿足於我現在的生活,我不會改變我的決定。

請你不要勉強我,我就像是一場祭典的廚師,而你是這一場祭典的主祭人。

 

我們兩個人各自有各自的責任,你不可以代替我煮飯,我也不會代替你去主持祭典。

 

這段故事有兩個成語。第一個成語的意思是形容一個人所求不多。

第二句成語的意思是形容一個人越過自己的職責範圍去做別人應該做的事情。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是許由你會如何決定呢?你是否會越過自己的職權去做別人該做的事情嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為莊子-逍遙遊

https://ctext.org/zhuangzi/enjoyment-in-untroubled-ease/zh



精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...