8/19/2021

I show my poor work in front of a master(班門弄斧)

I show my poor work in front of a master(班門弄斧)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous writer whose name was (Liu Zongyuan).

He has two good friends, these two are brothers.

 

The brothers co-wrote a book of poems, so he was invited to write a preface to the book of poems.

The main points of this preface are as follows.

 

I have a deep friendship with their brothers, we are like family.

I am very familiar with the background of their family.

 

Several elders in their family were famous literati, and all served as senior officials of the central government.

They have demanded themselves based on the moral standards of Confucian culture since they were young.

 

Recently they came to the capital and they are going to publish a collection of poems co-authored by two people.

After I read this collection of poems, I think this is really a great book.

 

The poems in this collection of poems are simple, elegant and very charming.

When I read the poems in this collection of poems, I feel very alive.

The poems written by the two of them feel complementary when read together.

 

I read this book of poems as if a cool wind was blowing on me, and I felt very comfortable.

I think that only people who have been very dedicated to writing for many years can write such good works.

 

Looking at this beautiful collection of poems, I feel embarrassed when I write this preface. I am very cheeky.

I feel like I am an apprentice, and I show my poor work in front of a master.

 

This idiom is used to describe a poorly skilled person showing his poor skills in front of a master. And this person feels that his skills are very good.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Are you an expert in any aspect? Do you think that no one is more professional than you, so you look down on others?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                            此圖片來自維基百科


班門弄斧(I show my poor work in front of a master)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一個著名的文學家,他的名字是(柳宗元)

他有兩個好朋友,這兩個人是一對兄弟。

 

這一對兄弟合寫了一本詩集,所以邀請他為這本詩集寫序。

這篇序的重點如下。

 

我與他們兄弟交情深厚,我們就好像家人一樣。

我很熟悉他們家的背景。

 

他們家族中有好幾位長輩是著名的文人,而且都擔任過中央政府的高級官員。

他們從小就以儒家文化的品德標準自我要求。

 

最近他們來到首都,他們準備要出版一本兩個人一起合著的詩集。

我看了這本詩集後,我覺得這真的是一本很棒的書。

 

這本詩集的詩所用的詞句簡單素雅非常有韻味。

我朗讀這本詩集的詩的時候覺得很有生命力。

他們兩個人寫的詩放在一起閱讀時感覺互補。

 

我讀這本詩集的感覺就好像一陣清涼的風吹拂在我的身上,我感覺非常的舒服。

我認為只有非常專注於寫作多年的人才能寫出來那麼好的作品。

 

看著這一本文辭優美的詩集,我寫這篇序的時候感覺很不好意思我很厚臉皮。

我覺得我好像一個學徒,而我在一位大師面前展示自已拙劣的作品。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個技藝很差的人在一個大師面前展現自己拙劣的技藝。而這個人還覺得自已的技藝很好。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是哪一方面的專家嗎?你是否認為沒有人比你更專業所以你瞧不起別人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-柳宗元-王氏伯仲唱和詩序

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E7%8E%8B%E6%B0%8F%E4%BC%AF%E4%BB%B2%E5%94%B1%E5%92%8C%E8%A9%A9%E5%BA%8F


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...