8/05/2021

When you die, you will not have the opportunity to change what others say about you(蓋棺論定)

 When you die, you will not have the opportunity to change what others say about you(蓋棺論定)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous official and writer named (Han Yu).

 

He was demoted from office when he was 35 years old. He left the capital to Guangdong Province in southern China.

 

During this period he wrote a poem.

 

The season is now in mid-February, spring will end soon, and summer will soon follow.

 

A few minutes ago, the clouds in the distant sky were still gray, but the sun suddenly rose, and now the earth was bright.

 

I rowed a small boat alone on this beautiful river. I listened to the calls of early birds around me.

 

These birds fly freely. In contrast, when can I leave when I am imprisoned in this remote place.

 

I can't help but shed tears when I think about the experience of this period of time.

 

After crying for a while, I wiped my tears away.

I remind myself that I still have a chance before the end of death.

 

I should continue to bravely face the unsatisfactory things in life.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that when a person is alive, there is still a chance for change. Only when a person dies can we make the most objective comment on him.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Is your life at a peak or a trough? Have you ever wondered what kind of comments will be written on your epitaph?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 

 



                                                                    此圖片來自維基百科



蓋棺論定(When you die, you will not have the opportunity to change what others say about you)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一個著名的官員與文學家,他的名字叫(韓愈)

 

35歲那一年他被貶官。他離開首都到中國南方的廣東省。

 

在這段期間內他寫過一首詩。

 

現在的季節已經是二月中了,春天很快就會結束,緊接著夏天就要來臨。

 

幾分鐘前遠方天空中的雲仍然灰矇矇的一片,但是太陽突然升起,現在大地一片光明。

 

我獨自一人划著一艘小船徜徉這條美麗的河上。我聽著周圍早起的鳥兒們的鳴叫。

 

這些鳥兒自由自在地飛翔,相比之下我被囚禁在這個偏遠的地方何時才能離開呢。

 

我想到這一段時間的經歷我忍不住流下了眼淚。

 

哭了一陣子之後我擦乾了我的眼淚。

我提醒自已,在死亡的結局來臨之前我都還有機會。

 

我應該要繼續勇敢面對生活中的不如意。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們,當一個人活著就還有改變的機會,當一個人死亡後我們才可以對他做出最客觀的評論。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你人生正處於高峰或是低谷呢?你有沒有想過,你的墓誌銘上會寫下甚麼樣的評語呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-韓愈-同冠峽

https://ctext.org/text.pl?node=172384&if=gb

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...