9/25/2021

I have to prepare before it rains(未雨綢繆)

 

I have to prepare before it rains(未雨綢繆)

 

(The Book of Songs) is the earliest compilation of poems in China.

There are 305 poems in this book.

 

These poems were written over 500 years, from the 11th century BC to the 6th century BC.

The content of these poems is mainly divided into three categories.

 

The first category is folk poems from all over China at that time

The second category is the poetry of the Zhou Dynasty that ruled China at that time.

The third category is the poems used by the royal family and nobles in the Zhou Dynasty.

 

This poem is very special. It was written from the standpoint of a bird.

 

That fierce owl, you have taken my baby bird, don't destroy my nest.

Creator, please grant me grace. This is my humble request.

 

I took advantage of the time it was not raining, and quickly used soil and tree bark to strengthen my bird's nest.

If I do this, that vicious owl and his men should not be able to bully me.

 

Because I keep picking branches to strengthen my nest, my claws have been severely damaged.

Because I kept picking up hay to repair my bird's nest, my beak was very tired.

 

I have worked so hard, but I still haven't made my home strong yet.

 

The feathers on my wings and tail fell off.

The wind and rain are getting stronger and stronger, while constantly shaking my bird's nest.

I was in fear, and I screamed sadly.

 

This idiom is used to remind us to take precautions before the storm comes.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

What will you be frightened about? Will you face or avoid your fear?

I hope this story will give you some new gains

 



                                                          此圖片來自維基百科



未雨綢繆(I have to prepare before it rains)

 

(詩經)是中國最早的詩歌合輯。

這本書中有305首詩。

 

這些詩寫的時間橫跨500年,從西元前11世紀到西元前6世紀。

這些詩的內容主要分為三類。

 

第一類是當時中國各地的民間詩歌

第二類是當時統治中國的周王朝的詩歌。

第三類是周王朝中的王室與貴族祭祀用的詩歌。

 

這一首詩很特別,是站在一隻小鳥的立場去所寫的。

 

那一隻兇惡的貓頭鷹啊,你已經奪走我的幼鳥,你不要毀壞我的鳥巢啊。

造物主啊,懇求你賜下恩典給我啊。這是我卑微的請求啊。

 

我趁著現在尚未下雨的時候,趕緊用泥土與樹皮來加強我的鳥巢。

我如果這樣做,那一隻兇惡的貓頭鷹與他的手下應該就不能夠來欺負我了。

 

因為我不停地摘採樹枝來強化我的鳥巢,所以我的爪子已經受到嚴重的損傷。

因為我不停地銜取乾草來修護我的鳥巢,所以我的喙子已經非常的疲累。

 

我如此的辛苦,但我仍舊尚未堅固好我的家。

 

我翅膀上和尾巴上的羽毛掉落。

風雨愈來愈大同時不停地搖晃我的鳥巢啊。

我的心情恐懼,我發出悲哀的號叫。

 

這一句成語被用來提醒我們在風雨來臨之前要事先做好防護工作。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會因為什麼事情感到驚恐呢?你會直面還是逃避你的恐懼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫

 

出處為詩經-豳風-鴟鴞

https://ctext.org/book-of-poetry/chi-xiao/zh   

 


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...