9/15/2021

What do you think is a real waste(曾子三費)

  What do you think is a real waste(曾子三費)

 

One day, two students of Confucius were having a conversation. They are (Zixia) and) (Zeng Shen)

 

Zixia asked.

What behavior do you think is a real waste.

 

Zeng Shen answered.

I personally think there are three.

 

The first behavior.

What I learned, but I forgot after a few years because I didn't practice it.

Second behavior

I have always been very respectful to a person, because our relationship has become close, so I have not continued to be polite.

The third behavior.

I did not consolidate the friendship with my good friends, and I became estranged from those friends who have been with me for a long time.

 

Zixia said.

You said so well.

A person who hears something that should be done and does it personally is better than someone who has read a lifetime book but has not taken any action.

We should remain cautious and respectful from beginning to end even if we treat people we know very well.

If we communicate with others with a sincere heart, those who were originally alienated will also become close;

If we interact with people in a hypocritical manner, even those who are originally close will quickly become alienated.

 

The meaning of this idiom is to remind us to pay attention to the beginning and end of a thing, and not to let a good thing produce bad results because of contempt.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

What kind of behavior do you think is a real waste? Do you maintain respect and courtesy to people close to you?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                          此圖片來自於百度百科

曾子三費(What do you think is a real waste)

 

有一天,孔子的兩個學生正在對話。他們是(子夏))(曾參)

 

子夏問。

你認為什麼行為是真正的浪費。

 

曾參回答。

我個人認為有三種。

 

第一種行為。

我學過的東西,但我在經過幾年後因為沒有身體力行所以忘記了。

第二種行為

我一直都對一個人很恭敬,因為我們關係變親近了所以我沒有持續保持禮貌。

第三種行為。

我沒有鞏固與好朋友的友誼,我與那些結交了很久的朋友日漸疏遠。

 

子夏說。

你說得太好了。

一個人聽到一件應該做的事情而身體力行去做,勝過讀一輩子的書卻都沒有付出行動的人。

我們就算對待很熟的人也應該從始至終保持一樣的謹慎與恭敬。

我們如果用真誠的心與他人交往,那麼原本疏遠的人,也會變得親密;

我們如果用虛偽的態度與人交往,那麼就算是原本親密的人,也會很快變得疏遠。

 

這句成語的意思是提醒我們要注意一件事情的開始與結束,不要因為輕慢而讓一件好事產生不好的結果。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為什麼行為是真正的浪費呢?你對與你很親近的人也會保持尊敬與禮貌嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為韓詩外傳-卷九-25

https://ctext.org/han-shi-wai-zhuan/juan-jiu/zh


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...