9/16/2021

You have to pretend to be a fool or deaf(不痴不聾不作家翁)

You have to pretend to be a fool or deaf(不痴不聾不作家翁)

 

In the Tang Dynasty of China, one of the kings was (Li Yu).

History books record a story about him.

 

He was in-laws with a well-known general at the time, and the general's name was (Guo Ziyi).

His daughter is married to (Guo Ziyi)'s son.

 

One day, the princess suddenly came back to the palace.

 

he asks.

My dear girl, why are you coming back suddenly.

You look very angry, what happened.

 

Said the princess.

I quarreled with my husband, and he said something very hurtful.

I didn't want to see him, so I came back.

 

He said.

How did it happen?

 

Said the princess.

We had a dispute about one thing, and he didn't listen to my opinion.

I told him, you have to listen to me, because I am a princess.

 

he asks.

Then what.

 

Said the princess.

He said to me very viciously. What's so great about you being a princess.

Had it not been for my father to defend our kingdom, could your father sit securely on the king's throne?

 

My father's talent will not be lost to your father. If there is a chance, my dad is also qualified to be a king

.

 

He nodded and said to her daughter.

Okay, I get it. Don't be angry. Go back to your room and rest for a while.

 

Soon after the princess left, General Guo Ziyi also came to the palace.

 

He said to Guo Ziyi

You came to me because of our children, right?

 

Guo Ziyi said.

Yes, after I got home from get off work, I heard my wife tell me that my son was quarreling with the princess.

And because my son said something hurtful, the princess ran away from home.

 

I am very angry. I have ordered my subordinates to imprison my son.

 

May I ask the king, how do you punish him?

 

He said after hearing these words.

Their young couple quarreled. It shouldn't affect the relationship between the two of us.

 

There is a proverb.

When your daughter quarrels with her husband, you should not express an opinion immediately, you should pretend to be a fool and deaf.

 

He walked beside Guo Ziyi and took his hand and said.

Let's go, let's take this opportunity to have tea and chat, let them face and deal with their affairs.

 

This idiom means that as the elders of a family, one should maintain an objective and non-interfering stance on disputes between younger generations.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you agree with his approach? If he quarrels with Guo Ziyi because of this, what do you think will be the result?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                          此圖片來自維基百科




不痴不聾不作家翁(You have to pretend to be a fool or deaf)

 

中國的唐王朝,有一任國王是(李豫)

歷史書記載了一個他的故事。

 

他與當時一個很著名的將軍是姻親,這個將軍的名字叫做(郭子儀)

他的女兒嫁給(郭子儀)的兒子。

 

有一天,公主突然回來皇宮。

 

他問。

我的寶貝女兒啊,你怎麼突然回來呢。

你看起來很生氣,發生了甚麼事情呢。

 

公主說。

我跟我先生吵架了,他說了一些很傷人的話。

我不想見到他,所以我就回來了。

 

他說。

事情怎麼發生的?

 

公主說。

我們為了一件事起了爭執,他不聽我的意見。

我跟他說,你要聽我的,因為我是公主。

 

他問。

然後呢。

 

公主說。

他很兇惡的對我說。妳是公主有什麼了不起。

要不是我爸爸保衛我們王國,你爸爸可以安穩的坐在國王的寶座上嗎。

 

我爸爸的才能不會輸給妳爸爸。如果有機會,我爸也有當國王的資格

 

他點點頭後對她的女兒說。

好的,我知道了,妳不要生氣了,妳先回去你的房間休息一下吧。

 

公主離開後不久,郭子儀將軍也來到了皇宮。

 

他對郭子儀說

你是因為我們的小孩的事情來找我的對吧。

 

郭子儀說。

是的,我下班回家後,聽到我太太跟我說我兒子跟公主吵架。

而且因為我兒子說了一些很傷人的話,所以公主離家出走了。

 

我非常生氣,我已經命令我的部屬把我的兒子囚禁起來。

 

請問國王,您要怎樣處罰他呢。

 

他聽完這些話後說。

他們這一對年輕夫妻吵架。不應該影響我們兩個人的感情啊。

 

有一句諺語。

當你的女兒與她的先生發生爭吵時,你不應該立刻發表意見,你應該假裝自已是一個傻子與聾子。

 

他走郭子儀的身邊拉著他的手說。

走吧,我們趁這個機會去喝茶聊天,他們的事情就讓們自已面對與處理吧。

 

這一句成語的意思是指作為一個家裡的長輩,對晚輩間的爭執應該保持客觀不插手的立場。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否認同他的做法呢?如果他因此與郭子儀吵架,你認為結果會如何呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為資治通鑑-224唐紀40-代宗大曆二年

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E8%B3%87%E6%B2%BB%E9%80%9A%E9%91%91/%E5%8D%B7224

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...